PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack

TheWhiteRabbit
08-02-2012, 05:59 AM
I woke up this morning and had my first panic attack in 3 months! I have been doing ok and thought Prozac was keeping me safe this whole time. :-( i don't know what brought it on but I do not miss the I'm gonna die feeling! I have to work in a few hours not sure if I should take something or not.

Tristanayoubi
08-02-2012, 06:32 AM
The thing about any anxiety medication is, think of it this way.. You're at a bank, and a bank robber comes up to you and holds a gun to your head and says dont move.. You're not going to move right? Instead, you're just going to panic more because he went straight to you and put a gun to your head... Thats what anxiety medication does to your brain. It straps it down to prevent anxiety, which will eventually cause the brain to cause more panic attacks.

Buttercup
08-02-2012, 01:46 PM
I can guarantee that anxiety meds do not eventually cause more panic attacks- if they did then folk would not be taking them. Sometimes at the start of taking them anxiety may be heightened as you get used to them and some people may experience more attacks if they are not on the right meds but making sweeping statements like the above may freak people out here and it's not helpful.
White rabbit, the thing with meds is they can really help but often the underlying problem has to be dealth with in order to fully recover and move on. Have you seen a professional to get to the bottom of your problems and also to learn more about panic and why it happens? It could be really helpful for you and could give you the tools to better deal with attacks when they do happen.

pawlowski187
08-02-2012, 02:12 PM
I agree with buttercup

TheWhiteRabbit
08-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Yes, I'm seeing a psychologist, taking vitamins and I have read many books! I still work and try to enjoy my time off but it still creeps up on me! :-(

I admit it has gotten better but I thought I was done with the panic attacks. That is what upset me about it this morning.

Buttercup
08-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Has anything changed recently in your life? Even just a small change or is something stressing you out or upsetting you?

TheWhiteRabbit
08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
No nothing I can think of. Things have been ok.

TheWhiteRabbit
08-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Thanks Kev! I really needed to hear that today!

:) many blessings to you