PDA

View Full Version : Not sure about this one guys/gals...

Tristanayoubi
08-01-2012, 07:42 PM
I just got a CT scan done because they thought I had a blood clot in my lungs and they thought that was the cause of my chest pain which turned out to be caused by anxiety..

But I have a quick question referring to the Dye they use..
If i were to have side effects, how long would it take before the side effects were to "kick in"
and how long does the dye stay in your system for?

Any replies are greatly appreciated! thanks!

Stacie
08-01-2012, 09:27 PM
I think its 24 hours they tell you to drink lots and lots of water to flush it through. But I'm not real sure?

kayin
08-01-2012, 11:25 PM
glad to hear it's not a blood clot, but sorry you have anxiety. I also suffer from chest pains. My general doctor thinks it is heartburn from stomach acid so I am on a trial of medication for that, but I'm almost positive it won't work, I KNOW it's anxiety. They are going to send me for a CT scan also, if it's not heartburn.

Tristanayoubi
08-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Kayin, if you have anxiety don't freak out like me after the CT scan.. I keep thinking im going to have cancer in the next 10 years or so.. It's not likely from one CT scan so just remember that. The odds only go up slightly for every CT scan. Good luck to you as well!

luckydog
08-02-2012, 12:12 AM
I think you would have side effects within a few minutes of the dye being injected. But yes you could flush it out of your system faster with lots of fluids after your scan. I hope that you don't need another scan and that they can diagnose you. My anxiety causes GERD and I take prilosec daily(Dr prescribed).

kayin
08-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Thanks Tristanayoubi, I'll try to stay calm. I'm pretty sure it's just muscle tension in my core area.

Tristanayoubi
08-02-2012, 06:54 AM
They were (as usual) unable to diagnose me with anything more than axiety.. Luckydog what does your GERD feel like? I think i may have it because i have acid reflux, and i just got that really sharp pain under my ribs