PDA

View Full Version : Used to Feel Relieved After Getting the all clear at the Doctors Not Anymore

freakingoutnow
08-01-2012, 06:46 AM
I have had this anxiety and panic disorder for years. I used to start to get bad go to the doctors and they would do tests. The tests would come back normal and this would relieve my anxiety. Now when I go to the doctor with my physical problems caused by anxiety and they do tests and all is good, I can't help to continue to worry that they missed something. How can I stop this????

dazza
08-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Trouble is with anxiety and in particularly the physcial pains... you gain acceptance &/or tolerance to a level of pain over time, but the chances are that at some point in the future a new symptom or higher level of pain will occur, putting a question mark on the current acceptance.

We then have a choice; either to up our acceptance or tolerance level ourselves which, as we all know is 'effing difficult at times... OR of course we seek another reassurance from the medical professionals.

This pushing of goal posts is likely to continue for some time. I guess it stops when the brain is finally rid of all the anxious dysfunction that started the disorder in the first place.