PDA

View Full Version : Tired of dealing with this.

zksmom
07-31-2012, 08:26 PM
So I'm new on here. I decided to look for a group to talk to about what I'm going through. I've been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks for about 8 years now. When it started back then, I was in the er numerous occasions one ended up in a 3 day stay. After all was said and done and many tests later, I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks. I have been on celexa and xanax as needed pretty much since. Every once in a while it flairs up then goes away. Recently I have been experiencing more anxiety and panic again and it doesn't seem to subside. I have the feelings again that make me wonder if its really anxiety or heart problems. The feelings come and go and of course are worse if I think about it. Not really sure what I'm looking for here other than someone to talk to and relate to.

Thanks for listening.

j2005
07-31-2012, 10:19 PM
Sounds like anxiety. Trust the doctors at this point.
Now, begin working towards healing.

I've discovered acceptance if the key to overcoming panic.

Welcome to the community,
James

averiguar
07-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Hi. You're not alone.

dazza
08-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Hi

How about sharing your symptoms & underlying worries with the forum?

It sometimes helps to hear of others with the same symptoms and it almost certainly helps to offload the worries that are the source of your anxiety.

Most common sources (underlying worries):

1/ relationships
2/ self perceptions
3/ money worries
4/ traumatic event

Little doubt it's anxiety, but knowing that sometimes isn't quite enough, eh?

luckydog
08-01-2012, 06:46 AM
I agree....get it out....here I am telling you what to do when I can't take my own advice. LOL...my therapist says I hold everything in. Msg me if you want to talk more.

zksmom
08-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the responses. I decided to make an appt with my Dr. I haven't had any tests in about 7 years so maybe its time to get checked again and maybe get a med adjustment.

Like I said, I've been dealing with this for about 8 years now. It's been mostly under control, but recently I decided that it was time for me to get back in shape. Since my anxiety started I have put on about 100 lbs. I blame, meds, lack of motivation and just my own laziness. When I started to work out, my heart started racing, as it should, and then it triggered a panic attack. I got the tight chest, panic, fast heart beat feelings and feared I was going to have a heart attack. Since then, I notice every little twinge in my body and worry. I can read symptoms and end up feeling them. It's terrible. I know that exercise is supposed to help and I know I need to lose the weight, but how do I do that with the panic and anxiety?? So frustrating. I want my life back. I have 2 beautiful kids and I want to be able to enjoy every moment with them and do as much as possible with them. This stupid anxiety is taking over and I want it to stop.

zksmom
08-01-2012, 05:42 PM
So, I scheduled a Dr appt for the day after tomorrow. I haven't had any tests done in about 7 years, so maybe I need to get a med adjustment or more tests run. Don't even know if I'll keep the appt, but....

Anyway, I can't quite pinpoint any new stresses other than normal everyday life. Since the beginning of my anxiety and panic started, I've gained about 100 lbs. I recently joined a gym and decided to get back in shape. Unfortunately, exercising causes increased heart rate, as it should, but that triggers panic attacks. I know that I need to lose the wait and get healthy but how do I get around the anxiety to do it???? So frustrating!

My symptoms....
Racing heart, sweating, dizziness, Sharp twinging pains in my chest, shoulder and arm (left one, so of course I worry about a heart attack). Basically I can read or think of a symptoms and I get it.

zksmom
08-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Had my dr appt today. My heart rate was 123 there. He did an ekg and took blood to check my thyroid. He also increased my celexa from 20mg to 30mg. Ekg was fine, he wants to see me in a month. I can't say I feel much better.

Enduronman
08-03-2012, 04:42 PM
WA! I had typed my reply and it said I wasnt logged in!!!...I will try again..

Enduronman.

zksmom
08-03-2012, 05:51 PM
I hate when that happens.

zksmom
08-04-2012, 07:41 AM
So, Enduronman, I was curious to see your response. I like your straight to the point approach. Any insight for me? Do you think I should have more tests done or just chalk it up to anxiety and hope they're right?