PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound normal? please. I NEED replies.

Tristanayoubi
07-31-2012, 12:02 PM
My left arm feels really heavy, kinda like how it feels when you hit your funny bone, but its not tingling. I also have a really tight chest and get sharp chest pains randomly. they never last for more than a minute (most of the time)

I also get pains randomly around my body.. I used to get tingling but i haven't gotten any tingling sensations in a while. I get migraines occasionally.

symptoms of mine include-

Pain all throughout body (sharp)
Heaviness in my limbs
weird vision
Fear of thinking im going to have a heart attack.

Another question, is your dominant side more effected by anxiety? because im left handed..

clyde22
07-31-2012, 12:20 PM
It sounds like you should see a doctor. To me, with no medical experience, it doesn't sound right. Perhaps a physician can assist you. But again, I'm not experienced in this. My personal, non professional advise is to seek assistance.

Tristanayoubi
07-31-2012, 01:24 PM
I already have seen a doctor, they said i was fine, but for some reason, i keep freaking out!

raggamuffin
07-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Ask your doctor to get a referral for CBT. Worrying over pains etc after getting the all clear form the doctor only tends to get worse over time. I've been doing the same for over a year now and the list of symptoms just gets longer and longer. Best to try and nip it in the bud as early as possible rather than living in a constant state of fear over your health which then causes your body to look for problems and create symptoms which creates more worry which creates more symptoms etc etc. You'll see a lot of posts here form people sharing the same symptoms as you. I myself do but the pains vary from week to week. About 30 minutes ago I had left shoulder and arm pain. I worried it was my heart (again similar worry to yours) then my chest started hurting, then my left jaw started hurting, before you know it the worry escalates as I convince myself i'm having a heart attack. I'm on a waiting list for CBT myself.

Ed

Tristanayoubi
07-31-2012, 02:10 PM
What is a CBT?
Sorry, im only 15 and do not understand medical vocabulary

raggamuffin
07-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It may well help

Ed

Tristanayoubi
07-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Okay thank you, could you check out my last post that i just posted and give me some advice?

raggamuffin
07-31-2012, 02:33 PM
I read it before. In all honesty the list of symptoms for anxiety is astounding. See this link, it might help ease your worries somewhat. But I know that whilst anxiety is "just in your head" the pains that stem from it are very very real and very scary

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?1200-Anxiety-Symptoms-The-List

Ed

luckydog
07-31-2012, 08:12 PM
I get hemiplegic migraines. Its like having a stroke, but doesn't cause brain damage although it does cause nerve damage on the side effected. They are terrifying migraines. I panic during them because I can't speak...it has taken as long as 4 days for my speech to be normal. It always strikes my left side. I have visual problems and go numb. I have even had my left hand be temporarily paralyzed. What you describe sounds so much like what I go through. To date the only known preventative is a calcium channel blocker called verapamil. I take it daily and now only suffer the scary kind of migraines a couple times a year as opposed to several times a month. You might want to consult a neurologist. I hope my history can help you.

averiguar
07-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Here's what this post made me think about.... Isn't it kinda ironic and strange that our anxiety can make us produce a whole laundry list of various symptoms and strange bodily sensations, etc., but why aren't we able to access like.... telepathy or somethin? We should all be frickin X-Men in real life if we could only have conscious control over our brain potential in a positive way.... but no! NOT SO. All we get are headaches, depersonalization and a myriad million other terribly useless body sensations. pfft. Anxiety is like an anti-superhero skillset. I dislike that about it very much. haha.

dazza
08-01-2012, 01:32 AM
> Anxiety is like an anti-superhero skillset. I dislike that about it very much. haha.

LMAO!!!

ahhhh god, that was funny...

Is it a bird? is it a plane? NOOOOOOO... it's an quivvering, anxious, depressed, pain-ridden good-for-nothing! pmsl!

Buttercup
08-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Love it! Anti-superhero skillset- that made my day!!