PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Bridgie
08-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Hi! So glad I found this forum! I am getting more agoraphobic everyday. I know how to help myself, but just can't seem to do it. And these web forums I am frequenting I think are not helping. It is like making contact with the outside world without having contact. What do you think? Do you think having contact behind the safety of your computer is helpful? I just don't know anymore.

shoe
08-22-2005, 07:35 AM
hi Bridge, welcome to the forum. I think online support sites are good for people who can't get out, but I do agree that getting out and doing things in the world would be the best way to try to overcome your problems.

But, even for people that can get out, it still helps I think having a little support community or someplace to go where others know what they are going through and can share similar experiences and give advice whch benefits everyone =)

The overall goal of your own of course should be overcoming your problems. A little support though, online or not, never hurts =)

Bridgie
08-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks Shoe! It is nice to have a forum to talk with people who are experiencing similar problems. :lol:

lulaboo
08-26-2005, 10:12 PM
(((Bridgie)))

I have to say in regards to having contact with folks through the computer has been very helpful for me. I'm in the comfortable surroundings of my own home, I can usually take my time to think about what I'm going to say before I say anything and if I feel like I've messed up I can always erase and retype. It's done quite a bit to help with my confidence levels when I'm communicating with others and I usually try to visualize the folks I'm talking to as if they're in the same room with me. :)