PDA

View Full Version : Help

crybaby
07-30-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm new to this....although I'm not new to anxiety and depression, I've been at war with this since my teenage years, I'm 23 now and I've been on antidepressants for years, I still have anxiety attacks, days where I don't even want to get out of bed, hours of crying and even tho my doctor tells me to get out there and be active, i still have no will power to do so....it's like I just lie here and feel sorry for myself everyday....I guess I can't say the antidepressants don't work because before I went on them I was contemplating suicide and just wanted nothin to do with life, the medication has stopped me from wanting to end my life but I'm still feeling so sad, worried, anxiety creeps up on my every now and then, I can't enjoy life, I cry because my thoughts and feelings become to much for me, I didnt know what else to do or where to go so I found this....I don't even know what I expect from this right now....I'm just tryin it out....hopefully someone can give me something to go on with....to look forward to....there's still so much I could write to make ppl better understand where I'm coming from but that would take up too much of yours and my time....I just need some advice, something to make me feel like I'm not alone and that I'm gonna be ok

clyde22
07-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi. My story is very similar to yours. I too have had anxiety since my teens too. I'm currently 22 yeas old. Most of my problems are anxiety driven, but I do have mild depression. I totally agree with you, it's not fun at all. The best advice I have, which I hope helps, is that most, almost all, that we worry about never happens. Give yourself a break for maybe an afternoon, a day, whatever you need. What I do to calm down and just chill is to listen to music. Any music. Whatever you like. It really relaxes me. I'm listening to my favorite music now after dealing with my own anxiousness. Music works for me. Of course seeing your doctor regularly is important too. :)

dazza
07-30-2012, 04:35 PM
You shouldn't keep shoving pills down your feckin' necks and expecting things to just magic their way back to normal.
Aint gonna happen.

You (both) have serious, underlying issues which need to be addressed - by means of professional therapy or support groups, I suggest.
(However, the bad news is you'll need to get your ass out of bed in order to seek help)

Fuck me, at 22 I was having a ball. Geez... I wish I was there again I can tell ya (apart from having zits of course... ooh, and being a bit shy)

The ONLY way forward is to get help. Period. Don't try and tackle it alone - it'll take forever.

What's the problem? spill the beans...