PDA

View Full Version : Personality disorder

chubbs1878
07-30-2012, 06:17 AM
Hey,

I recently got diagnosed with a borderline/abandonment/paranoid personality disorder and after ten more weeks (having spent the best part of 6 months) in a lockdown psychiatric unit I finally feel like I used too, if not a new man.

The medication of quitapean and lamotrigine mixed seems to be a successful combination and I can really see me getting my life back!!!

If your suffering with a personality disorder ( which I still think is not seen as high importance) please consult someone in the medical profession quickly. I was self harming to the point of slitting my wrists and taking heavy over doses, and now because of persistence I seem to be getting my happy ending.

Feel free to reply to this thread for advice or any help at all, I'm not a medical professional but I'm sure having been through it I can point you in the right direction

Chubbs

daisy84279
08-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Hi chubbs. What were your symptoms? I'm nothing like I used to be as a child. I'm wondering if I have a personality disorder as well.

miss_mac666
08-14-2012, 07:49 PM
hey there, i too have borderline personality disorder a well. i could use help... or someone to talk to.

MelissaK9174
12-07-2012, 02:09 PM
I was just informally diagnosed this morning with Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, avoidant personality and of course, anxiety. This was by the intake therapist. She set me up to see the psychologist next Wednesday for an official diagnosis (and medication). I guess maybe the official diagnosis is just a mere formality being that she felt pretty sure these were my labels.

So this afternoon I've been reading on BPD and it makes me sound like a horrible person. I'm pretty disturbed by the description of the disorder.

fred53
12-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I was just informally diagnosed this morning with Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, avoidant personality and of course, anxiety. This was by the intake therapist. She set me up to see the psychologist next Wednesday for an official diagnosis (and medication). I guess maybe the official diagnosis is just a mere formality being that she felt pretty sure these were my labels.

So this afternoon I've been reading on BPD and it makes me sound like a horrible person. I'm pretty disturbed by the description of the disorder.

Please don't let her assessment upset you. I was once told that I was bipolar. That scared the hell out of me but I took the seraquel he prescribed and it made no difference. The Dr. I see now tells me that I am in no way bibolar. I have generalized anxiety disorder. Not to say thats good but I have seen more than a few doctors over the years and they all seem to have different opinions. I don't see any harm and trying new meds. If they don't help and you don't agree with your dr. I would seek another. Unfortunately anxiety,mood disorders,depression etc. aren't an exact science.

Hang in there and good luck!

MelissaK9174
12-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Please don't let her assessment upset you. I was once told that I was bipolar. That scared the hell out of me but I took the seraquel he prescribed and it made no difference. The Dr. I see now tells me that I am in no way bibolar. I have generalized anxiety disorder. Not to say thats good but I have seen more than a few doctors over the years and they all seem to have different opinions. I don't see any harm and trying new meds. If they don't help and you don't agree with your dr. I would seek another. Unfortunately anxiety,mood disorders,depression etc. aren't an exact science.

Hang in there and good luck!

Thanks..even though I'm not happy with the description, my sister says it was pretty accurate of my behavior before anti-depressants. I just got off the phone with her and described it to her. I guess if anyone would know, she would *sigh* at least she said she has seen a dramatic improvement since I was put on anti-depressants a few years ago.

The anti-depressant was prescribed by my GP. Maybe now that I'm going to a therapist and psychiatrist, they can give me better meds that can target my specific issues.

Ugh though, being so screwed up is so hard :( I appreciate the encouragement though because It was pretty disappointing to hear that today. So thank you.

Azuluis
12-13-2012, 05:47 AM
This was by the intake therapist. She set me up to see the psychologist next Wednesday for an official diagnosis and medication.