PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I have no friends?

nick78hh
07-29-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm 24 and had some financial trouble and had to move back home after losing my job. well on my days off i really dont do alot. all my friends are busy with their careers or have moved out of town or are married. i mean its hard to hang out if your friend is married. i just feel alone at times and like i have no friends. I live in a small town so it's hard to join up on activities and I don't drink so going to a bar is really kind of pointless. Most people will just think it's weird I don't drink

anyone else have this?

pawlowski187
07-29-2012, 07:42 PM
I do ! And I know what you mean.... It's hard when u deal with panic and don't have allot of friends around to keep your mind buisy .... You need to find ways to get out and socialize :) I don't drink either... But there are other things u can do , volunteer on weekends somewhere ... That's a good way to meet people.. Join a gym , church " if your religiouse " ... Look into some things around your town :)

samantha1007
07-29-2012, 08:05 PM
I am the same way. Not only do I not have a lot of friends, I have pushed many away because of my anxiety. It was too hard for them to handle. Now I am just alone. I have one good friend left and she is busy every day with her son and fiancee. It is incredibly lonely.

pawlowski187
07-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Well your not alone... I'm in the same boat ... We need to get out in the community and start finding healthy friends...

Suzzy
07-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Same! I have one good friend (but she is at uni 4 hours away)... all the others have given up on me! It is sooooo lonely.

dazza
07-30-2012, 01:27 AM
Might be worth trying a dating site for people with similar phobias?

Here's one, for example:

http://datinglikeme.com/osDATE/index.php

kayin
07-30-2012, 01:52 AM
dazza, thanks for the link, that looks like a good site, I hope there are people in my area on it!