PDA

View Full Version : Pins & needles

jessy
07-29-2012, 07:31 AM
I keep suffering from pins & needles on hands & feet ???? Also my leg keeps jumping

Is this an anxiety symptom or something else !?

dazza
07-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Hi Jessy

Anxiety can cause this, however, to be certain - you should see a doctor.

The sensation is usually a pinching of nerves or a low blood supply.

Some common causes:

1/ anxiety
2/ certain vitamin (esp. D) and calcium deficiency
3/ raynauds

The leg jumping is odd... is it like the jump we sometimes experience when falling asleep?
Does the same leg feel numb?

Are your fingers/toes discoloured in any way? do they feel cold?

Go get it checked... just in case.

jessy
07-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Yea the leg jumps when I'm In bed , it's got a mind of its own ! It's very unnerving & I can not stop it :-(
The pins & needles come & go . No not a funny colour .

dazza
07-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Hiya

Jumping as we drift off to sleep is very common. It is generally thought that as the brain begins to shut down for sleep - it sometimes misinterprets our posture & thinks that we've fallen down... so it tries to correct us & hence the jump.

Can be legs, arms or whole body.

Buttercup
07-29-2012, 01:17 PM
I often get these jumps/jerks when I am lying in bed or even when I am sitting down- they are totally involuntary but nothing to worry about. Or perhaps you have a case of restless leg syndrome http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Restless-leg-syndrome/Pages/Introduction.aspx . The pins and needles can be a common symptom of anxiety but it's worth seeing a doctor just to check up on your circulation.

jessy
07-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the link Buttercup ! I'm sure it's anxiety related as my anxiety is not to good at the moment , didn't get it at all yesterday or so far today .
Dazza thanks for the info , feel less worried now
:-)