PDA

View Full Version : Doctor visit!

dave972
07-28-2012, 11:27 AM
So I went to my doctor to get to the bottom of my anxiety...which was a aorta aneurysm fear as I see my stomach pulse hard and feel it all the time...I got a sonogram and all is fine...my problem is by me feeling my stomache pulse is annoying and not use to it....he said that if I'm still worried he is putting me on a medication like Zoloft....so hard and frustrating...

MainerMikeBrown
07-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Meds like Zoloft can help you reason with your anxieties better. Without meds, many of us cannot overcome our anxieties with rational thinking alone. But meds can calm you down. And when you do feel a little nervous, reasoning with yourself can reduce or eliminate irrational anxieties while on the right pill.

dave972
07-28-2012, 09:32 PM
But can it make me stop feeling my stomache move nope..I feel it on my shirt...sucks..

alexandras11
07-28-2012, 11:10 PM
It's called optical illusion...I get the same..it's nothing to worry about its your anxiety ..don't focus on it . Keep your mind busy you'll eventually forget about it ;)

dave972
07-28-2012, 11:39 PM
it's so hard guys it really is..the worse is after having alcohol drinks..so hard to stop that :(.....do y'all see you're stomach pulse through yalls shirt?

surfacing
07-29-2012, 01:52 AM
I see mine pulse too, sometimes it really bothers me.
I think it happens especially after I've eaten, I get exhausted and all the blood goes to my stomach, because I have IBS symptoms, I guess...

dazza
07-29-2012, 03:03 AM
Some people have a more obvious "stomach pulse" than others. My partners, for example, is so strong that it feels like there's another heart in her stomach!

The pulse you see comes from the largest artery in our bodies, the abdominal aorta. This comes directly from the heart & feeds all major organs & blood vessels.

Absolutely normal.