PDA

View Full Version : In my head

pawlowski187
07-27-2012, 10:15 PM
I know my anxiety and panic is in my head. I'm a veterin when it comes to panic attacks. So why can't I just shut it out? I know breathing techniques , I'm taking my medication , I try to talk myself back into reality .... What else can I do! I don't even want to use these techniques , I just want it to be gone!

AceParadox
07-27-2012, 11:28 PM
I know what you mean. It's tough because it's something that has been there so long you know? I read something in a topic yesterday where somebody said that since the brain is so used to there being anxiety, it continues to think it still needs to feel anxious even if the anxiety is gone - or something like that. But it only lasts for a little while until it adjusts again. You just gotto go with the flow, like a twig on the shoulders of a mighty stream (cookie for anyone who gets the movie reference). Keep positive, anytime you feel anxious just say to yourself "It's just anxiety, I know this feeling. I'm not gunna let you affect me. Each time you attack, I only get stronger and stronger." It may gradually then start to dissipate and if/when it does, don't stray from any routines you've created that help your anxiety like meditation, exercise, ect even if you feel anxiety has lessened.

All we can really do is wait it out and try to live our lives as best we can :] Strive for any dreams we have, and create more goals for ourselves. Anxiety wants us alone, and feeling helpless; It's like Voldemort from Harry Potter. We have to stay strong, and positive and eventually we will win!

Best of luck :]

anxiousoutcast
07-27-2012, 11:38 PM
I've have been dealing with anxiety for over 10 years, I know what you mean about why we can't 'get over it'. For me, I feel because my anxiety symptoms are always changing, always tricking me. Some new pain to worry about because I just had tests done and the doc cleared my previous symptoms. It's such a vicious cycle, I hate that I can't just have a pain without freaking out about it. Or even someone around me having a pain without me feeling it too. My brother made a good point when he told me 'I doubt you could find one person who doesn't have some sort of pain everyday'. This resonated with me, like I'm not alone and I might just be slightly normal :)

pawlowski187
07-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks y'all ... The simplest thing like a response from my thread makes a world of difference .. Thank you :)

EMZ
07-28-2012, 02:31 AM
I think the idea is to not want it to be gone as it will stay for longer. Don't fight it, just accept it and distract yourself.

MainerMikeBrown
07-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Before I got on the right meds for my anxiety, I could try reasoning with myself all I wanted. It made no difference. When I was nervous, that was it.

Now I'm on meds that have calmed me down. Also, when I reason with my anxieties, I can now calm myself by doing so. Hopefully, Pawlowski, you can get on meds that allow you to calm yourself down as well.

pawlowski187
07-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Thank you. That's what I'm preying for