PDA

View Full Version : Brain doesn't know how to feel OK again.

Ser9er
07-25-2012, 11:49 AM
So I've progressed a great deal with my anxiety and really have a hold on it now. Thus my general feelings of anxiety have steadily decreased. I'm finding however that my brain doesn't know how to feel OK again. It's like I'm so used to having this issue on my mind most of the day that my brain wants something to be there when I'm feeling fine. I'm guessing this is due to my lingering anxiety that needs something to latch onto. Thoughts/experience?

trinidiva
07-25-2012, 01:15 PM
I feel the same way....its as if I have to keep myself occupied, because when I'm not, I'm actually thinking about the fact that I'm not anxious. Weird.....but not sure what if anything I can do other than finding something else to do to occupy my time.

EMZ
07-25-2012, 03:09 PM
I think in time it will eventually disappear. Best of luck!

Luiza Gallas-Brasil
07-25-2012, 07:58 PM
I feel the same way, it's my biggest problem right now. Once (a long time ago) I told my therapist about that and she replied that it's not just a feeling, the brain actually does that. What we have to do is don't give up and hold on the the positive thinking long enough for our brains to get used to that, like it did with the negative thinking. OBVIOUSLY easier said than done.. =\