PDA

View Full Version : hey everyone

MrsPocket
07-25-2012, 05:21 AM
I'm MrsPocket. I'm 25 married for 3 years. I have sever stress and anxiety and depression. I'm not sure what else to put so feel free to ask me ^_^

Suzzy
07-25-2012, 05:26 AM
Hi MrsPocket! Welcome to the forum... hope you find it helpful! Im 26, married for nearly a year and have severe stress and anxiety too as well as a few other things for good measure! haha. Anyway if you want to chat feel free to message me... Its always nice to talk to people who understand how you're feeling! :) x

MrsPocket
07-25-2012, 05:29 AM
Thanks Suzy! Ya you'll most likely see posts a lot from me...lol

Suzzy
07-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Haha, that ok! Goes with the territory of being on an anxiety forum! :) But its nice to have somewhere where you can speak and say exactly how you feel without annoying those around you just because they dont understand what its like...

MrsPocket
07-25-2012, 05:49 AM
Ya in the past I've had people say that they understand but don't. I'm also currently unmedicated.

Suzzy
07-25-2012, 05:53 AM
Yeah thats a common problem i think... unless you've been there i dont think you can fully understand how difficult life is when you're suffering with some of these things. My husband is great and whilst i dont think he does fully 'get it', he is totally supportive which helps a lot. I have recently been prescribed anti-depressants but am too afraid to take them (i worry about side effects) but i have been brave enough to try the ocassional (prescribed!) diazepam pill which can take the edge off a bad panic attack kinda scenario! Have you tried counselling or CBT?

MrsPocket
07-25-2012, 05:56 AM
I was forced into concouling as a teen... I use to SI.. haven't in 2 years though

Suzzy
07-25-2012, 06:01 AM
Yeah i had CBT when i was 16 for emetophobia which really helped at the time.... but gradually over a few years i slid into old ways and have tried 2 different therapists recently for anxiety but neither of them were very helpful! I think it really depends on getting the right person that you can click with. So did you find the counselling helpful? Would you want to give it another go? Dont know where you live but you can see someone for free on the NHS in the UK!

MrsPocket
07-25-2012, 06:29 AM
I'm from the states. If I wasn't forced into it then maybe I would have thought it would have helped more. I'm waiting for my insurance through work then I can start going to the doctor.

Suzzy
07-25-2012, 06:45 AM
Yeah you've got to want to be there and get better so im sure that you would benefit from it much more if it was not something you were being forced into doing! Think you should definitely give it another try... medication is always an option but i would recommend trying counselling first! Its hard getting off medication once you start and thats only ever going to mask the problem. In the meantime just talk to people on here and share your worries etc. I find it really helpful to know im not alone!