PDA

View Full Version : Im at the er

pawlowski187
07-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Today was really bad ! I felt the fight or flight symptom like never before . Bp was 150/ 100 at er .... Please help. My whole body got hot, heart raising out of my chest .... Please tell me I'm not fucking crazy

Amy1986
07-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Your not crazy. Your panicking, it will settle when you settle. Control your breathing and concentrate on the fear is just a feeling thing.

willstar
07-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Oh no! You poor thing!

I've been rushed to the ER 3 times so far! My symptoms were much the same as yours, however my blood pressure was much higher (mine averages 145/95).
By the time i got through the door i was shaking so much that i couldnt stand and got into a bed within 5 minutes!

Have they got you on a ECG as yet? I bet your heart is just fine!

We're not crazy! We just want to live! Maybe we just care about staying alive more than most people, so we worry ourselves to this point?

Hang in there! Once they confirm your heart is beating fine, and coping with the stress, you might see some relief from your symptoms for a while.

Our hearts are fantastic and strong! We put them through more stress than most people, but they keep going! And they will for a long time yet.

Plus, You still owe me the chat that you offered yesterday!

willstar
07-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Do you have anyone there with you?

dazza
07-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Oooh, a live ER post!

I'm guessing you're now in the waiting room, waiting for blood results?

Likelyhood is, all will be fine and you'll be on your merry way home within the hour... complete with a small needle scratch on your arm & sporting an identification wrist band.

ER see anxiety sufferers ALL the time... and for very good reason.

pawlowski187
07-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Just me here.... I don't like putting my family threw this .....

pawlowski187
07-24-2012, 06:11 PM
I told them I was having a panick attack , they got me in a room fast. No blood drawn or EKG done, I know that I'm freaking myself out .... This one was just really really bad this time. It's been 3 years since I had to come here for panick :(

willstar
07-24-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm here.
Immerse yourself in thoughts of your happy place, or focus on nothing but the air flowing in and out of you. Imagine that each breath in is mixing with the yuck inside you, and leaving with each breath out.

I'll watch for your posts, or feel free to message me.

alexandras11
07-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Let it pass and don't think about it I know its not easy but you need to relax .! It will pass ans yes.it is anxiety and no your not crazy !

dazza
07-24-2012, 06:14 PM
What started it? do you know?

I bet you're feeling better already, huh?

Bless ya

pawlowski187
07-24-2012, 06:18 PM
I was fine untill I got in my car to take my daughter to an ortho app... Then I started getting tunnel vision and bam, down hill from there !

dazza
07-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Tunnel vision... ahhhhh, you weren't wearing the same glasses as this guy were you?

:-P

pawlowski187
07-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks guys .... I needed all the support I could get :) I'm at home resting now , gave me Ativan.... I'll prey for a better day tomarrow... Thank u so much again

ivanas757
07-25-2012, 08:51 AM
I had this happen while I was at work. I actually called 911 myself. Its a terrible feeling but it passes every time. I got ativan while I.was there too.. I had my heart fully checked and as usual there was nothing wrong. So glad your diagnosis was the same.

Peak
07-25-2012, 09:20 AM
I know exactly how you feel. It happened once to me when my wife and I were away on a city break. All of a sudden I just started to feel dizzy and weak, my heart was racing feeling like it wanted to burst out of my chest. My vision went all swimmy and felt like I wanted to be sick. I felt sure I was having a heart attack and went to A&E/ER who rushed me through and took my BP which was through the roof. However when they did an ECG they could find nothing wrong. After about 3hrs they discharged me saying they didn't know what it was but that I was perfectly fine. In talking to my GP later we both agreed it was a panic attack. That was the first and so far only one I've had and it came out of the blue and actually when I was feeling the best I had in ages. Get some rest, take a deep breath and believe that you are going to be absolutely fine.

brittany09
07-25-2012, 09:48 AM
I too have went to the er having a panic attack! Thought I was dying. I thought it was so strange when the er doctor told me it was anxiety because I would've never guessed that! Remember that a lot of people have anxiety disorders,and the er treats a lot of people for panic attacks. There's nothing to be embarrassed about or worried about,and your definitely not going crazy. Nobody has ever "gone crazy" from anxiety!

pawlowski187
07-25-2012, 01:34 PM
What's strange is usually as soon as I get to the Er, I'm fine and I start to relax. But this time even in the hospital I just continued to get worse and worse... I didn't want the nurse to leave my side. I told him " I'm freaking out " .... It was so scary , and I've had allot of panic attacks . This by far was the worst