PDA

View Full Version : Clearly this is a bit of a living hell.....

jla1981
07-23-2012, 10:33 PM
First off, i wrote a pretty decent size post and for some reason it then told me i wasn't logged in so its gone now! So long story short i've only been dealing with severe anxiety for a few weeks (never had it up until then and was confused what was happening....now i think im constantly dying and have become a severe cybercondriac. Seems to be a bit textbook (constantly checking my pulse, rapid heart rate, tingling in fingers and feet, a bit of pain in my veins (which im guessing is from all the adrenaline? Soreness in my arms, constipation, gas (the most unflattering of them all)......list goes on. If you've experienced it i probably have too. Think a major change brought this on but not sure. I just flew back from england to america (really didn't want to come home) and had my first panic attack on the plane (luckily was sat between an EMT and a med student!). Its been all downhill since then. Been to urgent care twice and the ER because of the tachycardia which im guessing is from the anxiety? They did blood tests and put me on heart monitor but said other than the accelerated heart rate all my blood tests came back fine. I have an appointment to see a GP in a few weeks to make sure its nothing linked to something else. I just turned 31 this year and its freaking me out as my dad died at that age from heart problems. His was a congenital heart defect but im still very scared. I just wish i could get a decent nights sleep without thinking im going to die or having to listen to what feels and sounds like a motor inside of me! I understand im not going crazy and this is all very real...but its kind of taken over my life at the moment. Just looking for people to talk and relate to. I have been reading some posts on here and everyone seems so helpful and nice.

Thanks for reading, feel free to comment or PM me!

Lots of love to everyone and stay positive!!! :)

jla1981
07-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Apparently no one can relate to this.......

freakingoutnow
07-28-2012, 11:56 AM
I can relate to your post. I have had recurring anxiety since I was 17 when my first attack hit. It is hell! I have had heart anxiety in which I had tachycardia and palpitations. All test results come back fine. Right now I am experiencing breathing anxiety in which I am focused on my breathing to the point of constant hyperventilation. I am doing a bit better today because I am finally attempting to seriously distract myself from this. I hate the constant worry and fear. Something stressful always triggers this anxiety problem. I was able to get rid of it for a year but it came back as soon as the stress did. I also can relate to the anxiety about your age. When I turned 30 I freaked now that I turned 40 I am freaking again. I understand about freaking because your father died at 31 I freaked when I was a teen because it was the same age my mom had a psychotic breakdown and I was convinced the same would happen to me. But, it did not. Try to distract yourself and maybe look outside yourself. I think we get to caught up in our thoughts.

jla1981
07-29-2012, 12:10 PM
So once you heard your heart was fine did you not focus on that so much? Im just wondering because I have a doctors appointment next week and im sure they will do some testing, hoping all the results come back fine. Not sure if its psychological issue and my hearts fine......we both know how much this can actually cause physical feelings which just make us think its something extremely serious. Distraction does seriously help, some days im better at it than others. Im sorry you've been dealing with this for so long. I've had this problem less than a month and im trying to do everything to feel "normal" again. I know we all have our own fates, im not my dad and you're not your mom, anxiety makes us dwell on things that probably wont ever happen.