PDA

View Full Version : I need encouragement

jazzmynn
02-17-2007, 02:42 PM
I have been under a tremendous amount of stress lately.

My husband and I moved 1800 miles away a year ago for his job, my siblings alienated me after my dad died, and my husband had two heart bypass sergeries in the last seven months. and almost died.

Oh and my stepson came to live with us recently and did nothing to help himself at 34 years old. ( I sent him back home)

Anyway, I keep feeling like crying and have neck tension and heart jumping episodes. I have been checked out by doctors including a cardiologist and am seeing a psychiatrist.

I used to be on Lexapro for years, but he switched me to Zoloft which I was on before Lexapro, cause he said the Lexapro probably quit working.
The doctor just incresed my Zoloft from 100 to 150 mg.

Does it take awhile for the new dose to kick in?

The doctor and my counselor want me to also take Ativan as needed.

I am just feeling totally out of my groove.
Has anyone else felt like this?

Can events like I have been through catch up with you later?

Please let me know what you think, I would appreciate it.

Jazzmynn

juliana
02-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Hi Jazzmyn. I'd be willing to bet that everyone here has felt out of their groove many, many times.

You are going through a lot of stress right now. That would bring anyone down. You will get through it, though. It won't always be this stressful.

Any anti-depressant takes a while to kick in. Just like it takes a few weeks for meds like Zoloft to have an effect when you first start taking them, an increased dosage takes a while to build up in your system as well. Sometimes, new meds or a new increase can make us feel worse -- sadder, more jittery -- than usual.

Ativan can be great because it works so quickly, but it's hard to function on that stuff. The grogginess makes it difficult to get things done in your life.

Give the increased Zoloft dosage time to take effect. I suspect you'll start feeling better soon -- and if you don't, talk to your doctor about it.

I'm sorry you're under so much stress and feeling so out of sorts. Thanks for sharing and remember you're not alone. Keep us posted.