PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get a ringing in their ears accompanying episodes of anxiety?

AceParadox
07-22-2012, 06:11 PM
I noticed it for the first time when going to bed this morning, I shut off my AC and could of sworn I heard what sounded like Rain outside. Like little blips and fuzzy rainlike noise. So I turned off my fan aswell and looked outside - Nothing. Then I just laid there for a bit, and noticed my ears were ringing. Like you know when you shoot a gun without ear protection or light off firecrackers too close. But it wasn't like muffled or anything like what accompanies those, just ringing. I could still hear just fine. It was annoying when I focused on it, but I knew if I kept worrying about it, it would trigger anxiety so I just ignored it and went to sleep.

I read up that it is a symptom of anxiety and was wondering if anyone has it as well? Or am I the only one

CeeJ
07-22-2012, 06:18 PM
I get this probably on a daily basis. Ive just learn to accept its part of anxiety and ignore it and it passes for a bit eventually. Can get rather annoying though

AceParadox
07-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Phew :P Good to know I'm not the only one then. And agreed, it can. Thankfully you don't really notice it during the day when out and about, or at least I don't. Only when going to bed and it's quiet.

Atalia
07-22-2012, 08:59 PM
I have had that for as long as I can remember. At first I was freaking out about it but I learned to ignore it. :)

Stacie
07-22-2012, 09:02 PM
I get this. It's so annoying!! But just one of the many things I've learned to live with. :)
God bless! :)

hopeNfaith88
07-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Yes!!! For me its not quite a high pitched ringing, more like a low frequency buzzing in my head. I only hear it in silence, so i always keep my fan on to drown it out at night. Its scary, it feels like it dominates my head and ears. Its the same noise as when u shiver from a fever etc. and your head gets that shiver and u hear it. Its hard to explain but yea

dazza
07-23-2012, 01:24 PM
I keep getting ringing in my ears... weirdly it goes away when i pick up the phone!

;-)