PDA

View Full Version : Pain under left breast into left side

cat eyes
07-22-2012, 04:17 PM
I been having on/off pain under my left breast into left side rib cage. Is this a heart attack?? I am getting scared!!

Chiliphil1
07-22-2012, 10:08 PM
I have the same thing.

My doctor has told me a hundred times its not my heart, but I do still worry about it.

Im my case I have no idea what is causing it, but I know its not my heart. There are a couple things to consider, 1 anxiety causes tension in your muscles, 2 other than your backside tour chest is the most muscular place in your body, so anxiety tensing muscles + the most muscular place in your body = chest pain!

If you are worried, which I know you are, get it checked out go to your doctor or the local er and let them run some tests, you will see that all is well and maybe even get some peace of mind. Good luck, I know exactly what you're going through.

cat eyes
07-23-2012, 11:58 AM
How do you know it's not your heart?

Chiliphil1
07-23-2012, 02:41 PM
I know because I passed an ekg with perfect readings. I know because I can do as much physical activity as I want and I dont die! And most of all because my doctor had told me over and over its not my heart and I finally decided to believe him.

On another note, I have had this and various other chest pain for a year now, so if it were a heart thing it would have gotten serious by this point.

cat eyes
07-23-2012, 05:24 PM
True me too dr said its not your heart but I swear it is. I had so many test done and thank God all was good. Went to physch today and wants to increase my celexa from 5mg to 10mg and take Xanax.

luckydog
07-23-2012, 06:04 PM
How do you know it's not your heart?

Some times pain under the left breast is a gall bladder issue....

cat eyes
07-23-2012, 06:05 PM
I had my gall bladder taken out years ago

luckydog
07-23-2012, 06:20 PM
I had my gall bladder taken out years ago

Sorry...thought I had an answer for you.

cat eyes
07-23-2012, 07:18 PM
That's ok. Thnx!