PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and a conscience

Wanda
07-21-2012, 08:48 AM
As anyone ever had a panic attack caused by thinking about negative things you've done in your past? Like years and years ago as a stupid teenager? I'm freaking out!!! Like a conscience thing.. I came clean but I'm still feeling bad. Now I'm feeling as if I'm going crazy, I'm dizzy, warm and having a full on panick attack.

alankay
07-21-2012, 12:53 PM
I think allot of us have had that kind of thing happen. Alankay

Wanda
07-21-2012, 10:08 PM
How does a person deal with it? I can't help but want to make a list and apologize to everyone I've ever hurt in my entire life.

MainerMikeBrown
07-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Some people deal with the wrongs that they did years ago by rationalizing that it someone else's fault. I wouldn't recommend doing so.

tstont
07-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Come to terms that you are human and humans make mistakes. If you have learned from those mistakes (and it sounds like you have) then you are now a better person and need to let go of the guilt. I know it's easier said then done but I'm sure you can do it.

kammo
07-29-2012, 12:39 AM
Wanda,
I know how you feel, I used to do this quite a bit .
I bet you've done alot of great things in your life,try focusing on them....You should also try to stop the negative thoughts/day dreams by focusing on the present moment
and catching yourself out when you slip into negative/guilty thoughts.By continually catching yourself out, you'll stop the negative/guilt thought train...it takes some concentration
but it works..

Wanda
08-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Wow, that's fantastic advice!! You all are so great at helping those who are having a hard time. So so very appreciated. Thank you! :D

teajay
09-02-2012, 08:18 PM
I made a list years ago of people to apologize for various "wrongs" I'd done. It was interesting. Most of the people didn't care or even remembered what I thought was wrong. I'm not perfect I make pleanty of mistakes but I am too hard on myself... Some of my past isn't pretty but I've learned that the present moment is a gift. I try to stay in the here and now... that is all we really have...moment to moment.

arwa19
09-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Thinking a lot makes it worse, overthinking is getting to me too.