PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer-Please help

jazzmynn
02-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Hello,
I am a newcomer to this board and I need some help.

I have been plagued with anxiety for years and on various medications.

A year ago, I moved 1800 miles with my husband for his job.
Before that, I cared for my dad till he died of cancer, and my siblings turned on me.

My husband just had two heart bypass operations in seven weeks and he almost died the last one.

I was on Lexapro the maximum dose for years, but my Psychiatrist put me back on Zoloft that I was on years ago. He said the Lexapro probably quit working. I have been on Zoloft 100 mg for almost a month, but he just increased it to 150 mg.
I have Ativan if I need it, but I hate to rely on it.

Anyway, can it take awhile for the new increase of zoloft to work?

I also am on estrogen patches that I forget to change.

My symptoms are nervousness, the feeling of missed heartbeats and tightness in my neck. It's driving me nuts.

I see a counselor who says some of it can be from going through this heart stuff with my husband.

I wake up in the morning feeling fine, then I think about it, and all this stuff kicks in.

Please help!

Jazzmynn

jitters
02-16-2007, 10:44 AM
I wish I could tell you some magical solution, but the truth is everyday can be a struggle. Try to relax when you find your mind drifting into worry try to bring it back to somthing positive. Post here regularly that will give you something else to focus on. Just venting can help.

We are here if you need us or have any questions.

Stay Strong

Duncan

jitters
02-16-2007, 10:45 AM
P.S. Welcome to the board.

V for Victor
02-16-2007, 11:24 AM
You are indeed going through quite a bit of rough stuff. That's what is causing a lot of your stress, with the muscle tension and so.

Plus, if you're prone to anxiety anyway, that certainly doesn't help.

Sometimes you just have to take a few minutes of peace and quiet, breathe deeply, and clear your mind. Just relax. I know that's difficult, but if you can learn to focus your mind away from your problems here and there, it helps. Have spoken with your therapist about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?