PDA

View Full Version : ATTN - you HAVE TO try magnesium pills!

Skizo
07-20-2012, 04:36 PM
This is to everyone with anxiety, if this is mild or extreme with physical symptoms - magnesium pills RELLY help.
I have struggled with anxiety all my life, I have had panic attacks, social anxiety, and horrible physical symptoms, basically all of them. I have taken antidepressants and tried other things to get rid of anxiety.
Recently I have started taking magnesium pills, and they are a complete miracle against anxiety, physical symptoms are gone, I feel less social anxiety and much better overall... this stuff is amazing!
Took them just a few days and I felt results, a week later I felt like my anxiety was gone, nothing has helped me like this. This is a real cure against anxiety related physical symptoms such as dizziness and head pressure and twitching, etc...

I am really amazed that not more people have recommended magnesium pills, and my psychiatrist and doctors have said nothing about it.... Really makes me think they just want to sell their AD's...

But you HAVE to try them, this is an absolute must if you have anxiety, start taking them as soon as possible and see for yourself.

TheWhiteRabbit
07-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Agreed! I have been taking them for three weeks and for two weeks I've had no anxiety!!!

natigirl513
07-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Lol I accidentally walked out of the store with them in my hand yesterday XD

Serenity 7
07-20-2012, 06:03 PM
i was on them for a few wekks and never felt any different.gonna give the another go

Stacie
07-20-2012, 09:02 PM
How much do you take? I've seen others that try this and its worked for them as well. I'm definitely doing this! I just need to know about how much to start with.
God bless! :)

nf1234
07-20-2012, 10:32 PM
What kind of magnesium are you taking? ex: oxide, citrate, glycinate? Also how many mg's a day? Thanks! Glad its working so well for you!

TheWhiteRabbit
07-20-2012, 10:42 PM
I take 500 mg a day after breakfast.

AceParadox
07-21-2012, 01:43 AM
This interests me. I've been trying all kinds of ways to get anxiety down, and green tea and chamomile have worked best for me - but it's only temporary. If I miss tea time one day, it'll hit me hard at night which is exactly what happened to me tonight. Online searches led me to St.Johns Wort, but that did nothing for me, I actually think it made it worse.

Magnesium though? I'll have to give it a go. Are they fairly cheap?

CeeJ
07-21-2012, 04:01 AM
Defo interested! Where can u buy these pills? Are they safe to take with other meds for anxiety or do you have to quit them first?
Thankyou

Skizo
07-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Yea you can take them with everything (i am taking it along with SSRI), I got them from a regular store under medical section since this isn't a prescription drug, but I guess all pharmacies have them...
And they are fairly cheap yes, but in this case the cost shouldn't even be an issue, you just have to take them if you have anxiety it is a must have.

Skizo
07-21-2012, 07:50 AM
What kind of magnesium are you taking? ex: oxide, citrate, glycinate? Also how many mg's a day? Thanks! Glad its working so well for you!
Oxide, 1 pill is 250mg magnesium and 50mg calcium, taking 1 pill a day.

kyle2012
07-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Iv been taking Xanax the odd time I feel panicky but iv been gone couple weeks without taking one where can I get these magnesium tablets are they save to take with Xanax even tho I don't take it much are they good for your health

kyle2012
07-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Btw guys where could I purchase magnesium in my local Heath store?????

dazza
07-21-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm sceptical with vitamins being the answer to anxiety, however, it's worth a go... (even if it's phsychological rather than a physical effect)

Magnesium has been proven to calm as it has a direct (healthy) effect on our nervous system, although the exact reasons are yet unknown - I believe.

IloveGod
07-21-2012, 11:22 AM
This is to everyone with anxiety, if this is mild or extreme with physical symptoms - magnesium pills RELLY help.
I have struggled with anxiety all my life, I have had panic attacks, social anxiety, and horrible physical symptoms, basically all of them. I have taken antidepressants and tried other things to get rid of anxiety.
Recently I have started taking magnesium pills, and they are a complete miracle against anxiety, physical symptoms are gone, I feel less social anxiety and much better overall... this stuff is amazing!
Took them just a few days and I felt results, a week later I felt like my anxiety was gone, nothing has helped me like this. This is a real cure against anxiety related physical symptoms such as dizziness and head pressure and twitching, etc...

I am really amazed that not more people have recommended magnesium pills, and my psychiatrist and doctors have said nothing about it.... Really makes me think they just want to sell their AD's...

But you HAVE to try them, this is an absolute must if you have anxiety, start taking them as soon as possible and see for yourself.

Great that they work! Please tell what brand and dosage do you use?

kyle2012
07-21-2012, 02:01 PM
As above please let us no

kyle2012
07-21-2012, 05:57 PM
I'll visit my health store but I'd be uncomfortable sayin what I want it for magnesium oxide I think is the one mentioned above I'm going get these straight away anything to help the anxiety worth a try

AceParadox
07-21-2012, 06:46 PM
So I was out running errands today, and stopped by CVS to pick up some magnesium. A friend of mine said there were different types of Mag, I didn't have time to ask him exactly what kind. Only kind i could find was Nature Made Magnesium. Didn't say what kind it was but just assumed magnesium is magnesium. Anyone use this brand?

kyle2012
07-21-2012, 07:18 PM
So I was out running errands today, and stopped by CVS to pick up some magnesium. A friend of mine said there were different types of Mag, I didn't have time to ask him exactly what kind. Only kind i could find was Nature Made Magnesium. Didn't say what kind it was but just assumed magnesium is magnesium. Anyone use this brand?

Seems to be different types I'm asking same question which type is best guys

nf1234
07-21-2012, 11:12 PM
You need to look on the back of the bottle and it should say what type of magnesium ex:magnesium oxide. Magnesium oxide is most common and the cheapest but not absorbed very well. The best forms would by Magnesium Taurate of Glycinate. Magnesium Citrate is also decent. There is a powdered magnesium supplement called Natural Calm which works very well and is highly reviewed. I would recommend either the Taurate, Glycinate, or the Natural Calm.

kyle2012
07-23-2012, 01:06 PM
I purchased magnesium citrate today from my local health store going give this a go with two tablets a day

dazza
07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
I purchased magnesium citrate today from my local health store going give this a go with two tablets a day

TWO TABLETS!? Wooahhh... be careful ya don't turn radio active & become a super hero villan.

I can see it now... Spider Man V's Magnesium!!

kyle2012
07-23-2012, 02:43 PM
TWO TABLETS!? Wooahhh... be careful ya don't turn radio active & become a super hero villan.

I can see it now... Spider Man V's Magnesium!!

Ha ha is that to much the bottle says two a day

nf1234
07-23-2012, 03:27 PM
About 400mg a day is good. You can't really take too much magnesium. The most it will do is give you diarrhea. I would just split your doses up over the day. Im not sure how many mg's one tablet is but 200mg at a time should be a good starting point. Maybe 200mg in the morning and 200 in the evening.

kyle2012
07-23-2012, 03:29 PM
About 400mg a day is good. You can't really take too much magnesium. The most it will do is give you diarrhea. I would just split your doses up over the day. Im not sure how many mg's one tablet is but 200mg at a time should be a good starting point. Maybe 200mg in the morning and 200 in the evening.

That's the plan took my first earlier this evening hope they in time have a good effect on me

CeeJ
07-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Let us know Kyle how you get on :)

luckydog
07-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Let us know Kyle how you get on :)

I take 300 mg a day for migraine prevention...but it took a few months to see improvement

kyle2012
07-24-2012, 12:13 AM
I'll let you no guys how I get on

brittany09
07-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Magnesium helps me tons. I take magnesium chloride from my pharmacy once a day,and have way less anxiety then before I took it.