PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and panic.

alexand09
07-20-2012, 12:10 AM
My name is alex, and I've suffered from the lovely panic attacks and anxiety for a little over 7 years. It all started when I suddenly lost my mother in 2006 to cancer. I went to therapist after therapist, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, was I crazy? Why is this happening to me? It finally hit me hard when i was 16 years old (I'm now 19) I started getting dizzy, I couldn't get up out of bed in the morning without getting dizzy, I thought I was dying; I couldn't breathe and id feel sick to my stomach. I went through all kinds of medication that just didn't seem to work, it seemed to make it worse. I couldn't go out in public, id stay at home or in the car when my family would go out to places. Id cry every day because I just wanted to feel better. But nothing I seemed to do helped. Finally last year, I started getting real bad migraines (yeah, added on, crazy right?) I finally went to a neurologist and was prescribed xanex and paxil; it seems to working all right. I have my days where I feel like my depression, anxiety and panic disorder is gonna kill me, I can't crawl out of bed. But I'm slowly trying to get better. I joined this forum to talk to people, to see finally that I'm not the ugly duckling, I'm not alone; other people know how I feel. So please anyone, don't be shy, if you want to ask questions ; ask. Id love to meet new people that knows what I'm going through. Thanks for listening (:

ariokage
07-20-2012, 02:30 AM
Hi! Im new too and welcome :D Sorry youve have such a hard time but Im sure here you will find people to connect with so things get better. We can defiently be friends :) You arent alone!

Aelita
07-20-2012, 03:15 AM
Hey Alex
I've literally just created my account as well.
I can't imagine what it's like to have had such a loss in your life and then the anxiety stuff to deal with. This place is full of great people that are seriously knowledgeable and so helpful! I'm not dealing with anxiety to your extent at the moment, so I can't legit say I fully understand what you go through, but your story really resonates with me and if you'd like someone to talk to, hit me up anytime (: Not sure how everything works here yet, but I think there's a private message option where we can exchange skype ids or whatever!
-A

alankay
07-20-2012, 05:52 AM
Alex, if they therapists didn't help then work with a good pdoc and hang in there with the paxil as well as xanax as rx'ed. You might need to bump up the dose of paxil a bit or add on(another med) as the pdoc recommends. PM me any time. Alankay

alexand09
07-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Thank you all, it truly makes me feel better that I'm no longer alone; noone in my family understands what I'm going through. They said its "all in my head" and that ill be fine, I just need to stop worrying. But with my anxiety, I just can't. If anyone wants to private message me, feel free. Id love to talk and hear what your going through!

cat eyes
07-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Welcome! You are not alone we are all in this together. I have a lot of symptoms too. I am afraid to take the Xanax.

sammie
07-20-2012, 09:05 PM
my family understands what I'm going through. They said its "all in my head" and that ill be fine, I just need to stop worrying. But with my anxiety, I just can't
I know what u mean Alex mine kinda do the same

alexand09
07-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Welcome! You are not alone we are all in this together. I have a lot of symptoms too. I am afraid to take the Xanax.

Don't be afraid to take the xanax, I was, but I'm glad I'm not anymore; it relaxs you.

alexand09
07-20-2012, 09:18 PM
I know what u mean Alex mine kinda do the same

Yeah, its stupid, they should aleast be there for us, but I guess they just don't understand what its like to go through it all