PDA

View Full Version : Death " feat of"

pawlowski187
07-18-2012, 04:57 PM
So I have panick attacks ... But lately and it seems on and off in my life I go threw periods were I fear the thought of death, hence which throw me into panick. I don't know how to set my mind to not worry about things I can't control. I try to justify things in my head but it never seems to help. I can't watch er shows or even read things that talk about people dieing . My friend posted about another person who died but didn't say how they died. I bugged her for a week to try to find out the cause. Once I found out it was a heroin overdose, as bad as it sounds, I felt better because I don't do street drugs. But ugh it's so fucking frustrating to live like this

Absolut100
07-18-2012, 05:06 PM
I am right there with you. That is one of my major issues. The worst part is that you can't talk to yourself about it being irrational because we are all dying. Ugh....I feel your pain!!

whatif
07-18-2012, 05:13 PM
I hear ya... I can't watch er shows either, and when I hear of a death, I too over analyze how the person passed and how their death may become my reality. I hate that about me! Unjust tell myself over and over, "I'm healthy. That is someone's else's reality, not mine!". Hope this helps. :/

alexandras11
07-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Thats my big problem also once I find out someone passed its like I have to know how and if it's heart related or something serious then I start thinking I have the same symptoms ..it's crazy what anxiety does to your mind and physically feelings ..I can't watch half the shows I used to or talk to anyone about them being sick or hearing about family members who have been diagnosed with something serious .. Just hang in there and try to not pay attention to certain things ..

pawlowski187
07-18-2012, 06:00 PM
It's crazy that we all have the same exact feelings ! I just wish there was something to shut my thoughts off !

alexandras11
07-18-2012, 07:45 PM
There is something..YOURSELF! you have to teach yourself to not think negative ..

dazza
07-19-2012, 01:23 AM
There is something..YOURSELF! you have to teach yourself to not think negative ..

Well, true, but there's something else in the pipeline...

Scientist have supposedly found the part of the brain that emits fear messages and are working on a drug which suppresses such messages.
Woudln't this be cool, huh?

Mind you... if fear was taken away, wouldn't we think we were super heroes and start jumping off roofs thinking we can fly?
Could be dangerous, lol

dazza
07-19-2012, 01:45 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/scientists-working-on-courage-drug-2012-6