PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel sick everyday due to anxiety?

IloveGod
07-18-2012, 07:36 AM
My doctors said I am making myself sick because I have such strong anxiety. But, I'm literally sick everyday including headaches, migraines, insomnia, sinus congestion, diarrhea,etc. I really think something is wrong and it's more than anxiety. I know what doctors say but they don't know the pain I go through.

Ser9er
07-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Anxiety can have many negative affects on the body. The stress of being anxious can cause a lot of the symptoms you describe. Has your anxiety turned into being worried about feeling the way you do? If so, there's a very good chance that's what is causing you to feel the way you do.

EMZ
07-18-2012, 09:38 AM
I am sometimes physically sick because of the way i feel. :-(

IloveGod
07-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Anxiety can have many negative affects on the body. The stress of being anxious can cause a lot of the symptoms you describe. Has your anxiety turned into being worried about feeling the way you do? If so, there's a very good chance that's what is causing you to feel the way you do.

Yes, my anxiety has turned into being worried about these feelings and thinking I'm dying everyday due to them.

whatif
07-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I know how you feel... But you need to try your best to let a sinus infection be just that... A sinus infection. Or a headache be a headache. I wake up w headaches every day, it's horrible, bit I can talk myself into thinking that it's much worse if I allow it (which sometimes I do). Get a blood pressure monitor from Walgreens (fairly cheap)... That will help keep your mind at ease when your heart is racing (you will find that although your heart rate may be elevated, it's not as bad as you think). Hope this helps :)

Ser9er
07-18-2012, 12:19 PM
A key thing to remember is that anxiety won't kill you. You've made a great first step in understanding that your anxiety causes these symptoms. Now you know that there is nothing to worry about. Anxiety works in a vicious cycle and the only way to get out of it is to stop worrying. This isn't easy obviously and it takes practice and time. My symptoms aren't as bad as yours, but that doesn't mean the same technique can't work for you. When you feel this way, just know that the feelings are from anxiety and you need not be concerned. Say to yourself that these symptoms can express themselves as much as they want but you have nothing to be afraid of. Slowly BUT SURELY the symptoms will lessen over time.