PDA

View Full Version : I've decided not to be afraid!

CarJim75
07-15-2012, 07:28 PM
I am not going to fight my thoughts or the adrenaline when it is released. I will stand up and accept it whatever or whenever but I what I will do is live. Spend more time with my family and friends and if anxiety or panic hits me then so be it. It will not discourage me from having good times.

I'm sick of always being scared, screw you fears! I am no longer afraid of you. Today my anxiety was off the charts and I still went to the beach with my brother and his family. No negative thought, fear, panic or anxiety can beat the great time I spent with them =)

Swimming in the water, horsing around with my nieces,enjoying a good conversation with my brother is the ammo I need to kick anxiety's ass. You see, I realized anxiety is a good thing. It was a wake up call to live a healthy and positive life around friends, family or whomever crosses your path.

Regards,

CARJIM

I am not my brain
07-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Awesome approach!! This is the key for overcoming anxiety.

troy294
07-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Bloody awesome aproach I will take that on board to .

missfoxC
07-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Yaaaay! I loved reading that And it makes me wanna do it too!!!!!

CarJim75
07-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Let's not be afraid of this anymore, we are stronger than our anxiety. It is up to us to be happy. If your anxiety kicks in, remember, your pursuit of happiness will overcome.

troy294
07-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Exactly we all have anxiety and prob will off and on for life so we all need to walk through it

dazza
07-16-2012, 01:13 AM
> You see, I realized anxiety is a good thing. It was a wake up call to live a healthy and positive life around friends, family or whomever crosses your path.

Hmmmm, I wouldn't say anxiety itself is a good thing. It's an exaggerated fear which often acts as a barrier between you and the things you know you SHOULD be doing, but for some reason can't/couldn't.

I.e. it's more of an indicator of things that are wrong in your life. Maybe things that have been plaguing your mind for some time.

Anxiety beats us down to the ground and once you're there, lying battered and bruised in the gutter... there's only ONE way to go... UP

Your incentive is a great one. Keep it up.

memzy
07-16-2012, 04:58 AM
I love this post, It's exactly the same as what i've been trying to do, it completely works for me.
I also agree Anxiety in a weird messed up way is a good thing, it has made me appreciate what matters most in my life. I have 2 young babies (ages 1 and 2) and I'd been living my life in fear thinking omg what if I don't live to see my babies growing up, what if something happens to my babies, then anxiety hits but I just take a deep breath and remind myself you know what? these fears are irrational, I'm going to make sure I give my babies the best I can offer them! & I know i'll be there to see them growing up, no matter what tricks my mind trys to play on me!
So I live every day as if it's the last!

laurandisorder
07-16-2012, 08:54 AM
I like this post too.

My philosophy is to fake it til I make it - I seem so confident and put together that most people I know would never even guess what churns beneath the surface.

And most of the time I can fake it so well that even I forget!

Amy1986
07-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Whoop !!

You go carjim!!! Awesome way to look at it. I'm the same! Sod it all, live life to enjoy!! :)