PDA

View Full Version : setraline

Serenity 7
07-15-2012, 04:12 AM
im on setraline.have been for weeks now.but getting bad side effects.and they are not helping at all.i found this on nhs website( You may be offered an SSRI called sertraline. Sertraline is not specifically licensed to treat GAD, which means that the manufacturers of the medicine have not applied for a license for it to be used to treat the condition. However, it is used to treat similar conditions, such as panic disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). )i have gad which this is not for.why would the doctor put me on it.she said its the best for what i have

alankay
07-15-2012, 08:16 AM
When the manufacturers initially market a drug they must show several studies for specific condition(s)(indications) the med helps with which are very expensive. Usually they go for 1 or 2 of the conditions it helps best and that's all they can claim/advertise it helps with. The docs know it helps other things(that didn't get the formal studies done for) as well and so use it "off label". Sometimes drug makers will apply for a new indication(med condition) after a drug has been out but not always since docs do just rx it "off label" anyway.
I'd give the zoloft at least a month(preferably 2) at a steady dose as these take time to work if you can bear the side effects which should subside soon. PM me any time. Alankay

Serenity 7
07-15-2012, 09:41 AM
i have been on setraline for about 3 months now.dog offered to change them 2 weeks ago.but i wanted to keep trying.but i cant any more.im grinding my teeth and its driving me mad

alankay
07-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Unless the dose is too low, 3 months is enough to see if you benefit at that dose. Alankay.

trinidiva
07-15-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm on it, but I also take it along with Buspar...... it seems like it is working for me...as I feel a lot less stressed. I only take a small amt of both meds.

Serenity 7
07-16-2012, 05:40 AM
how do you feel its helping.i still feel really nervous all the time.and my annxiety increases when i think about going back to work.and my ocd is worse now than its ever been