PDA

View Full Version : how people act towrad anxiety

Livia
02-14-2007, 03:57 PM
i need help. i am doin a project on anxiety and i need this piece of information today, for it is due tomorrow!! please anyone answer this queation...how do u think outsiders and family act toward someone or the topic of anxiety?? please i need help, anyone! :(

superdude49
02-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Everybody experiences anxiety... like before a test, or a job interview. That is normal, so everyone can relate to that . When anxiety becomes a problem, is when it is irrational and occuring all the time. I think outsiders do not understand the degree and consistency of anxiety people with actual anxiety problems experience.

hope that helps

Livia
02-14-2007, 06:41 PM
omg thank you superdude that did help actually....i hope to talk to u again about this for i too experience certain anxiety attacks . i have improved tremendously since last year but every now and then (although it is not that often) they come back

jitters
02-15-2007, 02:28 AM
The truth is although everyone experiances anxiety, families and friends do seem to struggle with those suffering anxiety disorders. In a way that they wouldnt with a non psychological illness. Although one in five of us suffer with anxiety and/or depression society still sees it as a weakness or as maddness, perhaps the increasing number of T.V. programs on the subject will help to relieve some of the stigma.

On that thought for those of you in the U.K. there is a program on Anxiety specifically HAD (health anxiety disorder) but this may help with those of us having genral anxiety. On channel 4 at 9.00pm Monday. Give it a watch let me know what you think etc.

Duncan

blur
02-16-2007, 01:04 AM
i say most people dont respect people like us... they look down on us..