PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

I am not my brain
07-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Hello all,

I'm new here. I've been living with anxiety for a little over two years now. I am doing better then I was a year ago, but things are still a challenge. I was on meds at the beginning of this journey ( benzos, a/d's) which made me 10 times worse (especially the benzo's). I'm here looking for support, and to connect with others. It does get lonely at times because no one around me really understands this condition.

I mostly experience now just OCD thoughts, racing heart, really bad morning anxiety, bad pain located at the back of my head, rough sleep, nightmares, detached feelings, negative emotions blah blah.

Good news is I know this is only temporary, and anxiety can be defeateted w/o meds. Just takes a lot of patience and hard work.

CarJim75
07-15-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm in the same boat at nights and mornings. Meditation and breathing exercises before bedtime and when I wake seem to help.

I am not my brain
07-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Currently I've been looking into meditation. It's going to take some time, but I strongly believe that this will get my worrying under control.

Hopefully I will be able to get this down in the near future lol.

CarJim75
07-15-2012, 10:42 PM
You will, you already have the right mindset for it.