PDA

View Full Version : stress since 2009

charbradeagpad
07-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone im a newbie, forgive me but my nervous system feels as if its in shreds, my stress began in 2009, in 2010 my dad passed away and i was diagnosed with low grade non hodgkins lymphoma, im on watch and wait and thankfully im good there. Ive been visiting my mum as shes elderly and frail as often as i can and have been sorting out paperwork for her and doing jobs for her shopping housework etc and going to see her in hospital as she had gallstone problem, we've also had her to stay with us for months at a time. At the end of last november we lost out pet cockatiel. I dont think ive had chance to grieve for dad or our pet bird. Now i feel the stress is beginning to catch up with me, i have to sigh at times to breathe easier and get palpitations, i cant settle properly, in fact the only time my breathing is ok is when im asleep, ive had stomach pains, you name it. 0ur son is abroad for a year travelling, i get scared something is going to happen to me and id hate for him to have to come home and break his trip of a lifetime and i dont know how mum would cope if anything happened to me. Im normally a very positive person but find myself chained in fear and whilst i try to push it aside i find it hard. Ive made two lovely friends but i feel i cant share these fears with them in case i drive them away, sometimes i fill up but push it aside. I have heard stress can do physical things to you so maybe this is what is happening to me. I hope by taking the first step in sharing this will help, just to be able to share with people who understand is good. Thnks for listening