PDA

View Full Version : Severe Hypochondria

josieaz
07-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Hello, so I'm writing on here because I'm hoping someone will reassure me or make me feel better or give me tips on how to cope..... Anything. Long story short, I've always been a hypochondriac but lately my anxiety has skyrocketed. The reason why is because I had unprotected sex with pretty much a virtual stranger. He gave me an STI which I have cured, but I cannot shake the feeling that maybe he gave me something worse. Getting a blood test right now is not an option, I have to wait til September for any accurate results.
My partner claims to have had 5 females partners before me and had an HIV test in January. Not exactly high risk but still unsettling.
I haven't had any flu-like symptoms. However I have had other illnesses since then, like a cold a few weeks later, and just now I've been having constant nausea for the past day or so. No fever, no swollen lymph nodes, rash, etc. But lots of headaches, low energy, and loss of appetite. All extremely vague and could be due to anything including my anxiety. (Another symptom i have been getting is ive been having minor problems down there, doctor says its probably from my antibiotics that I took).Nevertheless I have managed to convince myself many times that i am infected with something in curable. It's literally taken over my thoughts for the majority of the day. I wake up in the middle of the night all the time and I just wish I could clear my head for a bit. I need tips or something. Thanks for reading, and any help given.

sharjen
07-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi there
To be honest there isn't many people In this world who at one time or another haven't had unprotected sex at one time or another- I have and after I thought s**t I've got HIV. I think that's just a natural thing to be thinking obviously there is a chance and your hypercondria will breed on it just like mine does over heart problems,tumours and cancer. I'm pretty sure you won't be on your own with your worries

biceps72
07-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Your probability of having another STD is very low. I understand your concern. The only way to cure this anxiety definitively is to gett a HIV test. Save your money, dtop worrying and get the test,

Betting a lot you are now clean!!

anxious_annaaaa
07-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Hi! Ohmygosh it's amazing how much I relate to this...I found out my ex cheated on me with a few different girls, and we always had unprotected sex. He says he's been tested and is 100% clean, but being a severe hypochondriac as well, I have the exact same fear of HIV. I know exactly how you feel, and I too have no symptoms, so I bet we're both fine :) I'm getting tested, and just to ease your own mind, you should too, it's an amazing feeling when you get the results back and they're good! So keep your head up, and stay busy, and STAY OFF THE INTERNET haha looking up symptoms = worst idea ever for hypochondriacs lol :) good luck!