PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Do i have anxiety?

Havoc321
07-12-2012, 08:47 PM
For the past month I have been battling with intense fear...I'm a Christian but some Islam conspiracy theories and a few friends tried to prove to me that the bible has been changed and that Islam is the only true religion...I have been so scared and heartbroken and the only thing that makes me feel good is going to church and reading the bible...I even tried going to a mosque and I didn't feel good about it...every time I read the Quran or have a thought that threatens my religion, I get this sick feeling and my heart starts beating really fast..my family and friends are fed up with my negative behavior because I keep coming back to the fear that Islam is right, yet nothing feels good about it. Everyone I trust give me advice and tell me that Christianity is right and help me figure out what to do, yet I can't trust them and can't take any advice...there's an evil thought process that I am constantly fighting and I'm always scared of it coming back...do I have anxiety? And what do I do???

miss_mac666
07-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Im sorry but we dont know who is right or wrong. they are both based off of the same god. This is something that none of us can figure out or know for sure. use your faith, thats all that matters. good luck

Havoc321
07-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Thank you I understand but do you think my symptoms sound like anxiety?

chugalug
07-12-2012, 09:52 PM
I have read about such stuff before! It really messes one's thoughts and it is scary...

Havoc321
07-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Absolutely terrifying...sometimes I'm fine and confident that what I'm doing is right...and then all the sudden I'm suffering and can't figure out how I got to such a panicky state...I can't eat our sleep and I don't care about things I used to care about...it's stealing my life and making me sick.

meshalaw
07-13-2012, 04:58 AM
Yes it sounds like u are suffering from anxiety alot of the symptoms u describe are symptoms of anxiety but maybe u should make an spot with ur dr to see what they say

Havoc321
07-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Thank you I will

bhamlaxy
07-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Read "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins and set yourself free.