PDA

View Full Version : What has recently been helping my anxiety at night

l1n7
07-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Hi everyone. I posted a while back about how nights are the worse for me and how I have problems sleeping. I'm usually always very anxious at night.

Well last week I tried this tea by celestial seasonings. While looking for their other flavors, I came across their SleepyTime tea. I didn't believe it actually helped people sleep, so I didn't really read about it. A few days ago I was thinking "well my birthday is coming up and it would be really nice for me to be able to have a calm night on my birthday" so I bought the SleepyTime tea. At around 12 am I made a cup of the tea. I have the SleepyTime green lemon decaf flavor, and I must say, I'm not fan of the taste (don't let that discourage you) BUT 1 hour later I started getting drowsy so I went to bed. I didn't wake up until 8 am. That's pretty big for me considering I wake up at least every 3-4 hours. I haven't had anxiety at night these past few days and I'm really happy about that because today is my birthday and I'm confident I'll have a calm night tonight.

I hope that if any of you have problems sleeping at night, you give this a chance. Even if you're on meds, maybe not take it one might and drink the tea instead. If the taste is too much for you, drink what u can. I've only had a half of a cup and it still helped me.

Also, I listen to these rain sounds from a sleep app I recently downloaded. So if you have an iPhone, iPod touch, android phone look in the app store for a sleeping app. The sounds are very calming. I have one named Sleep Pillow.

l1n7
07-12-2012, 09:35 AM
*8 am not pm sorry I'm not sure how to edit my post on this app. I WOKE UP AT 8 AM NOT PM!!!!

Edit: nvm I was able to edit it. Now idk how to delete this post.

6harvs6
07-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Hi, where did you buy the sleepytime tea from please??

l1n7
07-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi, where did you buy the sleepytime tea from please??

I got the tea from WalMart.

6harvs6
07-12-2012, 03:52 PM
ASDA for us Brits then! Thanks for the tip. Sleep deprivation is common in my battle with anxiety.

l1n7
07-13-2012, 05:38 AM
ASDA for us Brits then! Thanks for the tip. Sleep deprivation is common in my battle with anxiety.

You're very welcome. If u give it a try, I hope it helps for you!! I know how much it sucks being up all night worrying. I fall asleep so much easier when I drink this stuff.
Hopefully I'm not sounding like a salesperson.. haha
Anyways, good luck :)