PDA

View Full Version : Having bad Anxiety right now.

Graham23
07-12-2012, 07:34 AM
So im new to this forum, but il start off by saying that I've been battling anxiety for about 2 years. I'm in school and currently employed. so as far as those stressors go I'm ok :/. So I'm going to cut to the chase...so I've been weaned off zoloft for about a week. And I had a horrible anxiety attack at the movies about 4 days ago. I knew what it was, but it was really strong, and thought that maybe it was a side effect of the Zoloft. Since the Episode has happened, I've felt very on edge and out of focus. Could be depersonalization.idk. Its kindof like someone put my mental state into a blender and turned on stir. So all day long I feel like I'm searching for my old self, my old thoughts and, just keep doing circles. :(. I guess what I'm now looking for is some thoughts and tips to over come this horrible episode and move on. Thank you!

Graham23
07-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Someone please talk to me. :/

6harvs6
07-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Graham - have you had any therapy? What are your overriding feelings right now?

Graham23
07-12-2012, 09:51 AM
I've done Cbt in the past, and that helped. Um as far as feelings I'm not depressed, just the overriding feeling of confusion to why my anxiety had gotten so bad when I was doing so good. I would like to be more focused az well. Thank you for the reply.

Graham23
07-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Also I feel like I got knocked off my routine I guess of , having a clear mental perception. I just wana get on a nice positive less anxious free cycle. Also I don't want to go back on meds. I wana do this naturally.

6harvs6
07-13-2012, 04:13 AM
Personally I felt the combination of meds and cbt was the best way for me. I couldn't do naturally, but we're all different. I sincerely hope you find a route. Keep working at it, even when your feeling more 'normal'