PDA

View Full Version : New symptoms

crazydaizy
07-11-2012, 09:52 PM
So for the past week or so my nose has felt weird. Like its flaring uncontrollably or twitching. It's hard to describe. Numbness too. Had heart palpitations two nights ago. Very strong when it skipped a beat. Took my breath away then when I checked my pulse I felt it skipping. Today, I had a weird sensation in my head. A cold feeling inside my head in a very small isolated spot. That happened three times so far. I have a lot going on right now and I know I'm stressed but at the same time I'm not taking care of myself due to the overwhelming chaos. My diet is out of control. Fast food almost every meal for a month now. No caffeine, though. Only water, sprite and decaf Tea. Smoking a lot. My dental health is poor as I had a root canal quite some time ago and haven't had time to get crown done. Temp fell out and have been using dental temp to fill it for the time being. I have a spot on my lip and one on each side of my nose...all three have been there for quite some time. I recently went tithe doctor for a checkup and had blood work done and he said my heart checked out but he only listened to it. My mind is focused on the spots being some sort of cancer, my teeth, diet and smoking causing heart related problems hence the palpatations, and the cold spot in my head some sort of stroke. I have a constant thought of "what if I die and my house isn't clean" or " what if this or that isn't done". I fear dizziness. I fear going crazy. I refuse to take the Zoloft and Xanax prescribed because I am afraid of side effects and for now my therapist is supportive of that but only because anxiety symptoms were subsiding. The have resurfaced since my last visit. Oh how I long to just be normal and live without fear of these things. I want to live care free.

Meggieliz
07-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Daisy, I fear all the things you do. I contribute it to being a mom of small children and that everyone depends on me, so if I die, who will be there for them?? Being hyper-sensitive to every sensation in your body is maddening, isn't it? What's worse is that anxiety CREATES most of them!! So you worry that you're sick, and you make yourself sick worrying! I know exactly how you feel. I wish I could just be happy and enjoy life without this deep, dark distraction. Add me as a friend if you need to talk. Hang in there, okay?

IloveGod
07-18-2012, 07:43 AM
So for the past week or so my nose has felt weird. Like its flaring uncontrollably or twitching. It's hard to describe. Numbness too. Had heart palpitations two nights ago. Very strong when it skipped a beat. Took my breath away then when I checked my pulse I felt it skipping. Today, I had a weird sensation in my head. A cold feeling inside my head in a very small isolated spot. That happened three times so far. I have a lot going on right now and I know I'm stressed but at the same time I'm not taking care of myself due to the overwhelming chaos. My diet is out of control. Fast food almost every meal for a month now. No caffeine, though. Only water, sprite and decaf Tea. Smoking a lot. My dental health is poor as I had a root canal quite some time ago and haven't had time to get crown done. Temp fell out and have been using dental temp to fill it for the time being. I have a spot on my lip and one on each side of my nose...all three have been there for quite some time. I recently went tithe doctor for a checkup and had blood work done and he said my heart checked out but he only listened to it. My mind is focused on the spots being some sort of cancer, my teeth, diet and smoking causing heart related problems hence the palpatations, and the cold spot in my head some sort of stroke. I have a constant thought of "what if I die and my house isn't clean" or " what if this or that isn't done". I fear dizziness. I fear going crazy. I refuse to take the Zoloft and Xanax prescribed because I am afraid of side effects and for now my therapist is supportive of that but only because anxiety symptoms were subsiding. The have resurfaced since my last visit. Oh how I long to just be normal and live without fear of these things. I want to live care free.

Wow, a lot of what you say sounds like me. I'm scared to take medicine due to the side effects too but I don't want to live with anxiety constantly.

whatif
07-18-2012, 11:48 AM
I take Xanax as needed... Well, I need it more often than I take it (die to fear of becoming addicted). It took me 2 yrs to get brave enough to try it, but finally did and wow, what a great help it's been! I am prescribed .25mg and I cut in 4 pieces (only take 1/4 of a pill when I do take it). That, my friends is an extremely small dose... Some might say that it's more of a placebo effect, but I don't care.. It def relaxes me. My dr wants me to try a daily med (Buspar) now, been sitting in it for 9 months now... Too scared to try it. I think I'm getting closer though b/c I'm sick to death of being in fear of everything! I want to live my life and enjoy it.... I'm just so scared about possible side effects :/ anyway... Good luck to you and try the Xanax (just take a small piece of it... You'll be happy you did). All I feel is relaxed when I take it. God bless!

whatif
07-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Ps. "iloveGod"... Trust in God. He loves you and wants you to know that. He lives in you. Do you watch Joyce Meyer? If not, ck it out!

IloveGod
07-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Ps. "iloveGod"... Trust in God. He loves you and wants you to know that. He lives in you. Do you watch Joyce Meyer? If not, ck it out!

Thanks!LOL...yes I watch Joyce Meyer. She's great.

crazydaizy
07-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the responses. Update since first post: Through the weekend I developed a pain in my jaw. I thought...ok, esophogeal spasm since I was previously diagnosed with that, took Rolaids. On Monday was very fatigued. Heart still fluttering after a full week. Went to doc. He did EKG which was fine but said he wanted to put me on a portable monitor for 24 hrs that should have been put on me yesterday. Instead, I get a phone call from his nurse yesterday morning telling me to come back in and repeat blood work because my potassium was elevated. I didn't google right away. I have a very good friend who is an anesthesiologist and I trust her so I called on her for guidance in this. She said it does appear something is going on but she needed to know the results of second test. Yesterday afternoon I still felt terrible. Very very tired and it went throughout the night. More of my heart skipping but jaw pain subsided. I got enough info out of my docs nurse to learn the potassium could be causing that. So I've been fearful of eating. This morning, I called my doc first thing. Potassium still elevated but the nurse said she needed to wait to talk to doctor before she advised me any further. I asked about the portable monitor and she'd forgotten to set that up yesterday so now it won't be ready til tomorrow morning at 9:00. I went ahead and scheduled an appointment with a cardiologist on the advice of my anesthesiologist friend who told me my pcp should be doing renal blood work TODAY but he didn't . He plans to repeat potassium Again on friday along with urine sample. I dont understand all this. I'm still feeling terrible. Trying not to stress is causing me stress. Everyone calling to check on me is scaring me. On top of it I learned my total cholesterol is 242 and my tryglicerides are 176. I'm scared. Also, had another trippy head feeling tonight. Stroke? Am i going to cause myself to have a heart attack? Man tomorrow just can't get here fast enough. I fixed myself something to eat earlier and that wore me out. I am ok lying down, but sitting up and walking are causing me to flutter.