PDA

View Full Version : loosing hope

whit8801
07-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Yesterday was a crazy day for me. I dont want to get into detail about it, but a counselor came by my house and we talked for a hour. She said that my depression and anxiety is getting worse and recommend me to be hospitalized voluntary. I think that is too extreme to be honest. I dont know what to do either. I feel like i'm loosing everything that I work hard for. I pray to God everyday to help me get my life back in order. I know God watches me everyday and what I deal with everyday. I'm tired of seeing my mother and sisters and family worrying and crying thinking that something is really wrong with me. I had a long talk with my mother and cried so much b/c she believes that she can't me with this situation. I hate to see her cry. She always tell herself "where is my baby? Because I dont know who you are". This is hurting me more then her b/c I do feel like o lost myself. I feel like I'm in a nightmare where I cant get out.What should I do? I dont want to give up, I want my life back.

bhamlaxy
07-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Do you see a therapist regularly? If not, do it.
Have you ever tried medication? It can help a LOT. Visit a psychiatrist.

whit8801
07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Im currently not taking anything right now and choose not too. I dont have a therapist right now, but I do call counselors over the phone. I can't afford a therapist right now because im unemployed and no insurance. I am trying meditation and breathing techniques to help for my crazy symptoms.

Cindy38
07-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Oh my, I know exactly how you feel! I have panic and anxiety disorder with OCD and phobias....I have had a horrible time the past 8 wks. I don't sleep, I feel like I can't breathe 24/7, I have lost over 30lbs because I can barely eat....I have panic episodes throughout the day and night and I am driving my family crazy. They say they do not know how to help me and I hate how it is affecting them. As bad as it is for them, it is 10 times worse for us...to feel like you have no control over your thoughts, your body, your feeling, your emotions, your mood, your mind. It is so frightening. I have a phobia to medication so it is really hard. I just started seeing a therapist, she said her goal is to have my anxiety down by 50% in a year, A YEAR!! Keep with the meditation and breathing techniques. And believe me God is with you every step of the way, I have to tell myself that God has not left my side and I read 1Peter 5:6-11. And if you feel you need inpt treatment then that is for you to decide. Hang in there!