PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

juliana
02-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi there. I'm relatively new here. My name is Juliana. I'm a recovering agoraphobe. After being a very outgoing, highly functioning, successful designer and writer, I got a condition called Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. It made me violently ill, blurred my vision and made me too dizzy and unbalanced to walk properly. Within a few months, I developed panic attacks and ended up spending 4 years in my flat alone -- afraid to even step outside my front door. I have gotten much better, though.

I went back to full-time work 2 years ago and I'm about to start a new, more demanding, higher-paying position. So, I feel like I'm getting my career back on track. I still struggle with anxiety, panic attacks (mine take the form of intense nausea and an inability to swallow) and depression. My uncle committed suicide this summer and it threw me into a deep depression that I can't seem to shake. I'm trying to keep those things from controlling my life, but it's a daily struggle. I'm so glad I found this forum. It's comforting to read about the experiences of others and to know that I'm not alone in this. Cheers to all! I look forward to getting to know you better.

jitters
02-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Belated Welcome to the Board.

It's nice to have you here. :)

Keep it up the good posts.

Duncan