PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and alcohol

6harvs6
07-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Hey all.

I was just wandering how many anxiety sufferers are effected by alcohol?

I discovered that my anxiety physical symptoms increase massively the day after drinking. Does anyone else get this? I hardly drink now anyway but am curious to see if others can relate?

Thanks

kmarie30
07-10-2012, 08:37 AM
I hit the freakin roof the day after I drink. It's great at the time but I'm a wreck the next 2 days after. Cut it out for now for sure!

alankay
07-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Alcohol releases your GABA(inhibiting/calming neurotransmitter)........but the next day you'll be low on GABA so anxious but your GABA will catch up in time. Alankay

pawlowski187
07-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Sometimes in the middle of the night if I went to bed after having a couple drinks, I will wake up with a panick attack . I've decided to completely stop drinking .. One by one I am atempting to Eliminate curtain triggers that I know will result in panick. For me alcohol is one

jessy
07-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Me too , feel terrible anxiety after drinking , during the night and all the next day
I just had to stop it altogether

dazza
07-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Alcohol is great for the normal of mind but for the anxious it can be a deadly sin...

Best avoid until a better day...

anxiousoutcast
07-10-2012, 12:45 PM
I had to stop drinking as well. Now, even if I have one drink socially I freak out thinking (Irrationally) omg, what if I'm allergic to alcohol!? Which of course I'm not. I used to drink a lot too, the hangover was what gave me the anxiety. The fact that I felt like total garbage gave me all kinds of negative thoughts. Not worth it.

6harvs6
07-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Alcohol releases your GABA(inhibiting/calming neurotransmitter)........but the next day you'll be low on GABA so anxious but your GABA will catch up in time. Alankay

This is interesting. Is it worth altering my diet/take supplements to increase GABA production. As it has a calming effect?