PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumor or anxiety, helpp!

lee duff
07-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Im 18 and go through stages of worrying about illnesses, I have OCD and anxiety and it seems to be at its peak at the moments. I can't stop worrying every day, Iv been forgetful lately on things Iv just done or need to do, I get this pit feeling in my stomach in the mornings and feel a bit sick but am never sick but I only get that when I have to get up early for work, I get random pains all over my body not bad but just for no reason and when I get one in my head it worries me , I also get tingly feelings sometimes, I seem to have a slightly shaky left hand but it only shakes the slightest more than my right well at least i think It dose, iv also had some ibs over the last few weeks but has settled a bit now and one last thing yesterday and the day before i had a ringing noise in my right ear for a few seconds but i didn't go clubbing the weekend and maybe that was why I had that. When I spot any kind of symptom I worry about it, and when I look on the Internet at the symptoms I look at the worse thing and I can't stop worrying about a brain tumour at the moment, and iv worried about this before. I'm worried and and very anxious, has anyone had this before and can anyone relate? Are these common anxiety symptom, will appreciate a reply thank you :)

Live2climb
07-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Lee,

This is all just anxiety. Your mind will try and grab on to any realistic reason you are having those symtoms. Let me go through it with you. When you have anxiety it triggers the sympathetic nervous system. This will make you feel confused, and for us (anxiety sufferers) it will trigger a coping mechanism called worry. You feel sick in your stomach because when you have anxiety it triggers some adrenaline in the system, which will trigger a little upset stomach and diarrhea. The ringing is your ears is normal. When the cochlea of the ear (the little hairs) die they make a little high pitched noise. It doesn't mean you are going deaf. It is just a cycle of the cells, and that all it is. You would be having a lot more symptoms of you had a brain tumor. You do not have a brain tumor. That is just your mind trying to grab something real to blame the way you feel on. I do it all the time. I wish the Dr.'s could just tell me I have this one thing wrong with me physically then I know I could blame all my mental stuff on it. We just think to much these days. Look into the Anxiety and Phobia Workbook at bookstore, or "The Mindfulness & acceptance workbook for Anxiety: A guide to breaking free of anxiety, phobias, and worry using acceptance & commitment therapy." by John P. Forsyth, Ph.D.

I have been having a recurrence of bad panic attacks and anxiety, but I have beat it before, and I even got myself off meds for 4-5 years, but sometimes shit happens and our bodies and minds don't deal with stress like other people. You are not alone, and it will take some work to get better, but keep with it. When you learned how to ride a bike you fell off a couple times, but to be able to do it right you just have to get back on the bike and try again, and you will get the hold of it. "If you continue to do what you have always done, then you will get what you have always got."

Good luck,

Chad

lee duff
07-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Thankyou very much, I have a appointment today, but ur talk has made me feel abit more calm, thankyou.