PDA

View Full Version : Hypochondria After Cancer

Squishee76
07-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Hi everyone, I was diagnosed this past December and I had my thyroid removed in january of this year along with 11 lymphnodes. 6 of which were cancer. I had my RAI the first week in May and as of now I am settling in with my synthroid. I am still on my same dose that I was given when I had my surgery. I am a little above normal which is how they want it. My problem is, I have somehow turned into a psycho. Panic attacks, complete and utter obsessive hypochondria to the point where I cannot think about living anymore. My anxiety is so high that I am afraid to go to sleep. and I think every little thing is going to kill me. I went to the beach and got bit and now I think I have a disease - and I am dizzy and I feel sick but its probably my anxiety making me that way but in my mind I feel like I got a disease. I cant take the heat like I used to. i always get so overheated. Im tired alot.
I also found out I have TMJ which im sure contributes to alot of the physical issues im having.
My mind will not stop. I feel so bad for my boyfriend because all he wants is a little stability but I just cant get back to "normal"
Please tell me its not just me. Im at my wits end with this.
i do have a therapist and I plan on speaking with her about all of this but my appt isnt until Wednesday and Im at work right now trying not to flip out -