PDA

View Full Version : Banana Peel Tea?

Wanda
07-08-2012, 11:42 PM
I tried making my own in order to increase my serotonin levels. I tried my first cup today. I didn't have any anxiety so far. I am going through my anxiety medication free, trying to get through it all naturally. Please let me know if you've tried a banana peel tea and how it worked for you. Thanks! :) Apparently I can't post a link but if you google "banana peel tea" the first link is the one I used. Just incase anyone wanted to read up on it.

Tristanayoubi
07-25-2012, 10:04 PM
How do you make banana peel tea? Im sorry, google on my computer is acting up. :(

Wanda
08-08-2012, 07:49 PM
What I do is wash an organic banana. The regular bananas has pesticides, so I like to avoid that. After I just boil water and put the banana peel in the water and let it sit for 15 minutes and drink one cup Every morning. I've been doing this or almost a month now, and I've only had one major panic attack. There were times where I thought I'd have one but I knock myself out of it and back into reality. I don't want to sound crazy but I totally believe that it's helping! That and my faith in God. :)

Saturntosunrise
09-29-2013, 10:14 PM
I recently made my first brew with two other people.
We took 5 organic banana peels, put it in a food processor without water.
We processed it twice, adding more hot water the second time.
Then we took it and put it in a pan for 30-40 minutes on the stove on very low heat.
We each drank between 1 to 1 1/2 cups each and within 20 minutes felt the affect.
First off 2 of us became immediately awake and alert. Then felt overall very content and social.
Next day we all woke up early (each of us sleeping only about 4-5 hours) and we felt rested and good to go.
The other person got belated affects from it and felt absolutely calm, happy and dealt with conflict from his significant other with a lot of peace of mind he normally doesn't have.
That was our first try and we'll be continuing it without using as many bananas and concentrating the amount of water we use so you don't have to drink more than one cup to have the same affects as an extra half or two cups.

Suggestions:
Use alkaline water when processing it.
Only use organic bananas.
Maybe use 3-8 bananas for one person and store the rest for later use during the week.

Hope this was helpful! And thanks for sharing your experience!

Lin
10-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Sounds really unusual but think I will be giving it a try.