PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and trips

Corry20
07-07-2012, 07:10 PM
His may be odd but when I go on trips I get so excited I can't eat.The Smell of food makes me sick even looking at it makes me sick.I do not feel anxious but I have Knot in my stomach.Anybody else get this?

Buttercup
07-08-2012, 02:23 AM
What you are feeling sounds like excitement and not anxiety. It can be hard to differentiate between the two sometimes especially if you have suffered from anxiety in the past. Most people who are excited about a trip or event will feel things like butterflies in the stomach, knotted stomach, lack of appetite, increased heart rate, unable to sit still and so on- it's totally normal. What they won't feel though is the terror and dread that comes with anxiety and the fear about their symptoms.

Corry20
07-08-2012, 07:48 AM
I have had anxiety in the past.I am on a trip now and even the smell of food makes me sick.I want to talk to my doctor about this.

Amy1986
07-08-2012, 08:03 AM
physically sick or nausea? i get that when im anxious/excitied too, i try to make myself eat with a distraction i.e. t.v or reading and i dont feel as bad that way. concentrate on a different event whils eating.

Buttercup
07-08-2012, 08:19 AM
When people are excited or anxious they will often not want to eat and feel sick. You'll usually hear people say things like "I'm so excited about this I can't eat or feel sick to my stomach", same goes with feeling anxious. Or maybe you have a bit of a tummy bug. Try not to worry too much and just enjoy your trip.

Corry20
07-08-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm trying to but the top of my stomach hurts like someone punched it.Thinking of food makes me sick or smelling it.

Corry20
07-09-2012, 06:22 AM
I just got home still can't eat.I'm going To go to the doctor.