PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone relate?

dantheman9001
07-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Hello.
My name is Dan. I am 28 from the UK north east england. I started to have anxiety after a series of things that happend to me within a period of 3 years. I have been on meds (citalopram 40mg and atenonol and perindopril). I went through what i can only say hell and back. I went onto cbt but that didnt seem to help. My various symptoms were: tight band around head, body jumps, insomnia, dry mouth, tiredness, yawning lots, eye twitches, randomly crying, feeling of doom, not feeling like me, like a robot, de-personalisation, de-realisation, ocd, waking up in a panic, rushing mind like a train out of control, dizziness, sickness and the runs. I was overweight and started exercising and i felt mich better losing 3 stone. I have recently began to put the weight back on and i am in a relationship with a lovely guy for nearly 5 months. Ive noticed my anxiety slowly signs of coming back. Feeling of doom etc. Anyone had similar thing? I feel petrified incase i go back to what i was like.

6harvs6
07-08-2012, 03:06 AM
Hi dan.

I can relate to a lot of your symptoms, especially the de-personalisation and head feelings. I've been battling with anxiety for a long time now. One thing I have learnt is to keep dealing with your 'issues' even when you are feeling better. Otherwise, we tend to forget quite how severe our feelings were in the past and it makes it harder to deal with the next time it creeps in.

EMZ
07-08-2012, 04:31 AM
I can relate. I have depersonalisation and derealisation and a few other anxiety symptoms. I have the same problems now that i had 6 years ago. I thought i'd be able to cope with it better but that doesnt seem the case. I just need to keep myself busy and take my mind off it.

dantheman9001
07-08-2012, 11:02 AM
How do you "cope"?

dazza
07-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Dan the MAN / relationship with a GUY

Sorry, couldn't help picking up on this but obviously you are gay.

Can I ask... are the "series of things that happened" you mention to do with you coming out?
I imagine that it must be a very stressful time coming to terms with this and informing the family, etc.?

Just curious... (but not bi-curious I must add, lol)

EMZ
07-08-2012, 02:22 PM
How do you "cope"?

For me it's just a case of getting on with life and not mopping around feeling sorry for myself.

dantheman9001
07-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Yeah Dazza that was part of the things.

I had immense guilt as i felt i was betraying my family by not telling them the truth