PDA

View Full Version : Am i pushing it.!!

philw05
07-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Day 2 of feeling great and I've had a couple of beers and feeling a buz.(no more now though) I've ordered take out food for the 1st time in months and waiting for it but as usual at the back of my mind Mr Anxiety is rearing his fuck ugly head... As if he's saying "how dare you feel good" FUCK YOU ANXIETY , YOU AIN'T HAVING ME TONIGHT.

dazza
07-07-2012, 01:24 PM
LOL... get on it my son!

Funny you should post this, because recently I've been thinking that; with all the things us anxious folk are told to do, like EAT HEALTHY, DON'T DRINK, EXERCISE, etc.

... don't ya think that actually, this kind of advice, although intentionally good, is actually causing more anxiety in some cases?

I mean, anxious folk think extreme, right? so, if we're told to NOT EAT JUNK FOOD, then it's easy for us to irrationally think "If I eat this fook off massive kebab, am I gonna have a heart attack?"

Also, by changing our diets / lives so radically... aren't we actually taking ourselves away from how we used to be?
BUT... we all long to be back to normal or how we used to be?

Food for thought...

Enjoy your evening!

dazza
07-07-2012, 01:31 PM
By the way, Phil...

I strongly suggest you DON'T push it, actually (especially as it's only been 2 days)

Anxiety tends to come and go... I've gone weeks pretty much anx-free, but it came back.

Tread cautiously until you know you're totally out the woods.

I hope you are... but... ya never know.

philw05
07-07-2012, 01:50 PM
I won't push it Dazza , so true though pal , it's how we were before this shit set in so how can it suddenly make us fearful ... I know what you mean , sometimes you think your through the worst for a couple of days and BANG IT RETURNS but this is a rare night where I'm genuinely on a high and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. Thanks for the advice mate:)

Amy1986
07-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Amy's still on the strawberry wine (day 3) hurrrrahhh!?!? :)

Good moods all round lads (and hopefully ladies)