PDA

View Full Version : Cant eat!!!

sharjen
07-07-2012, 03:46 AM
His is driving me nuts!! Every time I eat I itch for hours- doc doesn't know if it's allergy or anxiety as I have no rash- its doing my head in
Anyone had this???
Suggestions please

Amy1986
07-07-2012, 05:47 AM
Where does it itch? Is it certain foods? Are you anxious about anything specific ATM?

sharjen
07-07-2012, 06:09 AM
I seem to be anxious all the time - always got tremors and palpitations- and the itching is face and arms mainly with bits on chest- and it's everything I eat yesterday it was toast- I'm 43 yes old and always eat toast but 20 mins later I was itching its getting to the stage I don't want to eat cos of it- any thoughts?

Amy1986
07-07-2012, 06:32 AM
Hmmm only thing it might be is a mild wheat allergy or intolerance but I'm no doctor :)

When I'm anxious I scratch my chest but think its more of a comfort thing, my skin does get very dry too though, scratch my head to the point if pain when I panic which is pretty rare.

Maybe you should try and see a dermatologist? :)

Buttercup
07-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Have you had allergy testing? It can identify what you are allergic to.

ivanas757
07-07-2012, 06:52 AM
I've been getting this lately. What medication are you on? A lot of people itch from medicine. I felt like mine might have been related to sugar but it has happened often enough I cannot pin point it . And therefore I just tell myself its the medicine or just plain anxiety. Once you convince yourself its the food you stop eating. Try telling yourself its something else . Like your medicine? That way you know it won't harm you. Have your tried BENADRYL an does it go away? If it does then just go on that for a while. Mine didn't really. So I knew mine was more of a panic.

sharjen
07-07-2012, 08:23 AM
I'm getting referred for allergy testing but apparently there's a very long waiting list- I've had my liver and kidneys checked and they're ok-just waiting for deficiencies .im not on any medications but when I do take any medications I always go into panic mode and start suffering hypersensitivity to them. I've taken antihistermines lately as doc kept telling me I had allergic reactions but haven't taken them this time- they make me feel lousy and doesn't really get rid of the itching .the last time it turned the itching to burning which wasn't much better. I've really had enough of it

ivanas757
07-07-2012, 08:55 AM
That certainly sounds like anxiety because if the allergy medicine doesn't kill the allergy then its not an allergy. That is what my doctor has told me.

sharjen
07-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Well that's given me some peace of mind thankyou