PDA

View Full Version : Anxious and poor.

Yovella
07-07-2012, 02:48 AM
Hi there,
I'm Yovella. I'm mid twenties and I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety a year and a half ago. I came off my medication I was on when I left my job to go to university because quite simply I couldn't afford it! and at first that was fine and I was coping well but over the last few months I've felt it creeping back upon me and now I'm almost back in the same spot I was before.
I have a greater problem with anxiety than depression, I think the depression just tags along after a while and develops from all the negative thinking. I thought that an anxiety forum might be a good idea for me because (it's free :) and) I have trouble expressing my problems to my friends. At the moment I feel like my boyfriends heard it all before and there's no one else to talk to.
So here I am. Looking forward to trying this out and meeting you all :)

Zanshin
07-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Welcome - I was diagnosed with anxiety/depression in my mid 20s also. I'm 29 now and it's been a strange journey dealing with it and trying to improve my mood & attitude.

ivanas757
07-07-2012, 07:50 AM
I was diagnosed at 19 and I'm 29.. ive had years with no medicine an no problems. An years where I have wanted an iv with medication it was so bad. Right now I am having a hard time as well. The best advice I can give is to read up as much as you can and educate yourself on self help techniques. My boyfriend hears me talk an is basically thinking blah blah blah. And its basically old to him. He's heard it so long and basically does not know how to help me. In the end he can't help me. The negative thoughts an feelings are fueled by me. The anxiety is caused by me. An every issue I go through I produce for myself. Once you realize you are the only person who holds the key to getting better it will start to come along. Mine is slowly at a stop but I am starting to read anything and everything possible again to self help the problem.

alankay
07-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Does your college have a health clinic that is paid for via tuition? Many have so check into that. Alankay

orachahalion
07-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Anxiety sucks, i know that all to well.