PDA

View Full Version : buspirone Hcl

eric1982
07-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Hey, just had a few questions. Just wondering if any of you here take this, doc gave this to me today and not sure what to expect. Also doc told me it would be ok to drink alcohol with this but the pharmacy told me no drinking. Thanks

ivanas757
07-07-2012, 01:51 AM
I would also like to know about this medicine because everywhere I look it says bad reviews for using it for anxiety an that it helps depression. I also got this medicine but have been too scared to try it.

ATOMS
07-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Eric and Ivanas,

I think what your asking / looking at is bupropion hydrochloride, better know as Wellbutrin XL, and probably a host of other named drugs as well. I been taking this for about 4 years now. The label says don't drink TOO MUCH alcohol while taking this med. Over drinking alcohol can increase your chances of having a seizure as well as other bad mental reactions. I have been know to drink a few beers while taking it but really try to keep them to a minimum. As far as helping anxiety I think it probably can depending on what it is that triggering your anxiety. I was in denial about having anxiety when I first started taking it. The doctor told me it was to help my brain produce/ balance the seretonin levels which was what I was dealing with at the time. I think its probably worked for that. I don't know about the depression part so I can't say. I know once you start you can't just stop taking it you have to ween yourself off it. Sounds like your doc knows what he/she is talking about.