PDA

View Full Version : New Life-Dealing w Anxiety

SunflowerKitten
07-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Hello everyone.

Happy Friday.
Happy to have found the forum.

I married in Dec 2001, and at the time my husband became ill and disabled in 2005 and was unable to work since.
I became his caregiver and only income provider for him and our three children.

I had to have an emergency hysterectomy in June 2008, he had brain surgery in Aug 2008, resulting from the surgery he had severe neurological and Memory Loss Issues, and several auto immune diseases surfaced. He was approved 100 percent Social Security Disability in July 2011.
I had breast cancer surgery in January of 2010.

I couldn't do the care giving anymore and asked for a separation in Nov 2011, proceeded with a divorce, and divorce was Final in Feb of 2012.

Now I'm a single Mom to three children, have to pay alimony to my disabled ex-husband, get no child support, and my body finally broke down and dealt with the stress I had to keep in check for the past 6 yrs of care giving.

Just now discovering and learning how to deal with symptoms of Anxiety (chest pain and trouble breathing), extreme stress, and PTSD from the care giving, and 10 + years of verbal, mental, and emotional abuse.

Adjusting to the divorce and just started seeing a therapist myself. Was prescribed xanax by my PCP to help me sleep and help on the days the chest pain comes on suddenly.
I am also trying to help my kid’s adjust to the entire dynamic of their father being sick their entire life, but now he no longer lives under the same roof.

The kids go to a pediatric therapist about every 2 wks, so their emotional and mental health and adjustment period is most important to me right now.

Thanks for reading.

Amy1986
07-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Hi :)

Welcome to the forum, i hope you find comfort here :)

My names Amy, and i must say after reading your post how incredible you sound!! i mean look at whats happened during your marriage, with his and your own health and your a mummy, i take my hat off to you :) thats a lot of balls to juggle at once so can see why you have anxiety. Has therapy been productive for you? how are the children adjusting? how old are they?

I'm so sorry your having a rough time of it atm, i hope being here helps you in some way.

My anxiety started after an emotion/verbal/mental abusive partner too, mine has everything to do with being in control and in a weird way i thank him and pity him now, it made me a hell of a lot stronger in the long run but obviously will never forgive him for what he did to me. Is your ex in full time care now?

SunflowerKitten
08-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks for your reply!

Just take life one day at a time.

That's all we can do :)

whatif
08-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Glad you found the forum, I hope you fond comfort in chatting w those who truly understand what your own mind does to you. Keep reading diff posts, you can actually pick up some good coping hints from ppl here.
Ps. For what it's worth, you sound like Super Woman to me! :D