PDA

View Full Version : Actually FELT adrenaline pumping. Now living in fear

NativeLady_2010
07-06-2012, 12:30 AM
I was laying on the couch and it hit me, a panic attack. I started my breathing and started good thoughts, then it started to get worse, then even more worse! I felt adrenaline pump out behind my eyes and pour out down my back, then for a few mins after the "adrenaline spill" I would feel almost disorentated, like I was in a tunnel, and sweat was pumping out, then I would calm down and within moments it would happen allover again. After about an hour of HELL it finally got better. I was able to go to work but I was anxious all day. Its been 4 days now and no attacks, but im anxious. Do panic attacks HAVE to happen? It feels like it builds up inside of me for days then BANG, huge panic attack. I guess im wondering if panic attacks are something that to come out, like a stomach bug or a sliver. Its been 7 months and im trying to stay positive and im still doing "normal" things and working, but im constantly dealing with this, I always thought that if you continue on with your life and think positive thoughts it will go away! It always did before. Losing hope.

dazza
07-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Hey

I would agree that anxiety builds up... and up... and up...

Something triggers (a thought or symptom), you react which feeds the fear, another symptom occurs, you panic about the new symptom, more symptoms occur... you react... and so on until eventually you've hit max anxiety and enter the panic zone.

This symptom > reaction (build up) can be fairly quick (minutes) or slow (over hours or even days), I feel.

Dontcha just love it? lol

bhamlaxy
07-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Sounds like a terrible panic attack.

I will never understand why people that get panic attack do not get a prescription for a benzo and use it SPARINGLY. Avoid daily use, but when a panic attack like this pops up, you can pop a small dose with no side effects and feel GREAT in 15-20 minutes! I honestly think there are two types of anxiety sufferers- those who have not tried a benzo, and those who love them for killing panic attacks.