PDA

View Full Version : Subject

username
02-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Post Removed by User

jitters
02-10-2007, 11:51 AM
First of all welcome to the board I hope you find some help in the advice and comments of others who know how you feel. The truth is that in general the help just isnt out there for agrophobics, you have to take the first steps to recovery for yourself. You have to decide you want to get better. You have to realise that a life spent in a prison created from your own mind, is a wasted life. That the society which you hate is made not just of intolerant, hateful, bigoted psychopaths, but also of loving caring intelligent people just searching for answers as you are. The hatred you feel is cause not by rational thinking but by fear, it is fear that makes us angry with the world, fear which makes us hide away from that world we hate, that prevents us from living our lives to the full. And the first step to recovery is realising hard as it may be that the issue lays not with society but within us. That we are to blame for our current situation and that it is fear not some bold statement of rebellion which keeps us in doors. Because in realising the issue lies within us with our fears we realise that we can be the masters of our own recovery. That the Monsters we need to slay rest not in the world beyond our front door but within the walls of our own mind. Knowing that these deamons exist in our minds and they do not stop on the doorstep of our home but rather follow us wherever we go then leaving home does not scare us as we know it is not the outside world which harms us but our internal thoughts and fears and that these will be with us whereever we go.

I hope that made sense and wasn't to long or preachy.

Stay Strong.

Duncan

username
02-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Post Removed by User

jitters
02-11-2007, 04:31 AM
Mmmm.. you know fearing anxiety and depression triggered by leaving the house is pretty much the diagnosis of agrophobia. Everyone is an individual and has different reasons and triggers for their confinement. Maybe your being here will help others who know just how you feel and can relate directly with you. Hang in there.

That I could clamber to the frozen moon
And draw the ladder after me.
~Author Unknown

Duncan